Wednesday, May 5, 2010

She is our sister-in-law.
She always carries a good looking purse.
You will never find it cluttered and unorganized.
She can always reach into it and pull out exactly what she needs(I dream of that happening to me).
She is soon to be reaching the magical age of "50".
It was our turn to celebrate "her".

These tiny, colorful and detailed little purses were the perfect thing
to display the "before" and "now" sepia finished photos of this
beautiful lady.
If you ever need these inexpensive treasures, you can find them at
weddingfavorsunlimited.com



At each place setting we placed these adorable 4x6 cardboard purses.
In each one were small cellophane bags filled with three of her favorite choices of snacks.
Another one of our fun internet finds.



Here is how they came to us. It was a simple process to create them using mailing tape to complete the project.
I ordered a few extra because I think they would be a clever way to give tiny cookies or a piece of jewelry, or any small gift to my friends.
Another fun and inexpensive way to celebrate a special birthday.
I hope you can visit this site sometime and see all the clever ideas that are displayed;
birthdayexpress.com





In the back pocket of the purse, we put a plain white index card with a stamped message for
our birthday queen along with a few touches of glitter.




It is another sunny morning and I have a busy day ahead.
Maybe later I will be able to share a few pictures of last evening's event. My other dear SIL was the photographer for the evening so I know the pictures will be so good.
What fun to celebrate a milestone like this of someone that you love.
Hope you have a profittable day today.




17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! What fabulous ideas! I love these little purse photo and place card holders and the gift boxes... So pretty.... You always think of the perfect little details to make any celebration or party special. Thank you so much for sharing and for giving us the web addresses to those sites. I will visit there in the near future. I hope you are having a wonderful day ♥

Crickit said...

I love the purses... all of them! Such a cute idea! Thank you for sharing all of your cute decorating ideas and telling us where you got them. :)

Marty said...

She is a treasured childhood, church friend. You have done an amazingly creative job of celebrating her. Looking forward to the pictures.

Barb said...

Judy, you always have the most charming ideas ever! I love those little purses.

What a joy filled heart you have!

Barb ♥

a woman who is said...

It seems to be the season for parties. I must say you set a lovely table Judy. I loved your dinner party setting.

Hope to hear more about all your fun!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

What a wonderful...wonderful idea. Seriously, those purses are so stinkin' adorable and cute!!!

You are so amazing in your talent to put together a gathering. I SO love to see what you do and glean ideas.

Hope you are able to share pictures.

Have a WONDERFUL day!

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

I know who I nominate to give ME a birthday party when it's time!!! This is the cutest and sweetest idea Judy... how she must have loved this party!!

Love,

Sonja

Kathleen said...

Is that just he cutest darn thing you ever did see? Love those itsy-bitsy purses, and I'll bet she did too.

Should anyone do something similar for me, it's all about the shoes.

Hugs,
Kathleen

Tracy said...

Wow! What fantastic ideas! Thank you for sharing. Can't believe those favors look so very do-able! The photo holders are PERFECT!

Miss Debbie said...

Wow! I bet she felt special and loved!Beautiful and creative ideas!

Melinda said...

Love them.. Too cute.
Great ideas for a big birthday like that.
Sounds like everyone had fun!

Melinda

Anonymous said...

A grand idea, as usual Judy. Read your previous post and I remember when you got the bowl and glass and made the candle and flower holder. I did that at the time you it it on your post. Just seems like yesterday. Blessings
QMM

Happy@Home said...

What a charming way to celebrate the special birthday of a dear sister-in-law. To think you would notice her nice, organized purses and create a birthday theme around them must have made her feel really good. Your creative ideas, as always, are just adorable.

Love Being A Nonny said...

How Cute Is This??!!!!! Love it!

Diana Ferguson said...

Love those little purses!

Landis said...

I LOVE the purse idea. I need to check that website out! Your sister-in-law looks like she's turning 30! :)
I look forward to photos of the party!

P.S. -I didn't realize you had your Rehearsal dinner at Historic Strasburg! I'm glad my post was able to bring back special memories for you. That is too cool.

Unknown said...

What a great purses! I love these ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails