Wednesday, May 12, 2010

How do you take an ordinary looking gymnasium kitchen, and make it into a festive, colorful, and appealing sweet shoppe?
This is what my sister created at our annual school auction on Friday evening.
I wanted to share her creativity with you today.



She has been in charge of this little shoppe for years, and it is always a big hit.
This year is the last year it will be held at this school, due to upcoming changes.
Isn't life full of so many changes? Just when you get used to one change...there is another
one to get used to.
Back to this cute little creation that she did...



The bright pinks and oranges immediately drew people's attention. I love how
she brings things from her home, incorporates them with her dollar store finds, and her
artistic thought processes producing fun results.



A pink plastic tablecover serves as a backdrop on the wooden swinging door. Faux daisies are used to decorate the food and drink signs.





Bright colored napkins from the dollar store add another
touch of pizazz.




Here her daughter serves on of my sister's famous
iced drinks which are the featured items at this annual sweet shoppe.
Iced cappuccinos, iced pina colados, and this year...iced strawberry shakes.
They have been creating these drinks for years, on special occasions.




Here she is, my youngest sister...the originator of this shoppe. My youngest daughter worked with
her aunt and cousin throughout the benefit auction, adding fun and refreshment
to everyone's evening.




An additional goody at this shoppe, was homemade fresh strawberry pies. These were
made by the school's home economic's classes.
Each slice was topped with whipped cream and served.
Creativity takes on many forms, and in blogland I am totally amazed at
the artistic talents that grace each blog.
Just thought I would share the creativity that I discovered
at a local school's benefit auction on a Friday in May.



13 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

Gosh...amazing what a little creativity can do. Beautiful! The strawberry pie looks great and those drinks sound amazing!

Crickit said...

Your sister is very creative also... it must run in your family! The strawberry pie looks delicious.

Rach said...

What a great idea. The sweets looks so tastey!

Happy@Home said...

I can clearly see that there are many talented and creative members of your family. Your sister did an amazing job of decorating the gymnasium's kitchen. The fancy drinks and strawberry pies are also a delicious addition. I'm sure the auction was a huge success.
If I haven't mentioned it before, I think your youngest daughter has the cutest smile :).

Judy said...

Such fun and vibrant ideas for creating a 'sweet shoppe' in the school gym. And now I;m hungry for fresh strawberry pie!

lindsey said...

This is fantastic....what a talented bunch your family is. The Sweet Shoppe is a great idea. I agree totally with you about the creative gifts and talents people in blogland have, all the baking, sewing, crafts and photography. So inspiring. Thanks for sharing these lovely photo's Judy.

Susan said...

What fun! :) And everything looks so colorful and appealing! I'll bet it was a happy and successful evening! I could go for a piece of that beautiful strawberry pie!
Blessings!

southerninspiration said...

So very fun and festive!!

Suzanne

Miss Debbie said...

Looks like a place I would like to visit! Color makes such a difference and the sweets look yummy!

Debbie said...

Thank goodness for $ Stores! Your sister has a knack for arranging her finds in a way that suggests something much more pricey. The foods look so enticing! I can see everyone enjoyed the fruit of her labor.
Deb

Melinda said...

Very cute shoppe--love the bright colors. I'm sure this little place is quite popular!
It is fun to see what peiple come up with.

Have a great day!

Melinda

Tracy said...

What a wonderful idea! Everything looked amazing and her decorative touches were so charming!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like so much fun. I love parties of any kind so this is right up my alley. The pie, the drinks, the cup cakes, the decorations, right down to the straws. Everything is so colorful and pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails