Thursday, November 20, 2008

Our" Five Senses"...What Treasured Gifts.

" Taste, See, Hear, Smell, and Touch"...five senses we were given at birth. Five gifts I often take for granted in life's daily journey. This week, I have been reflecting on what an amazing privilege these gifts provide. Without them, the pictures posted today, would not be near as exciting. With them, I am still smiling. Another mouth watering," fruit tart"...

...and this "raspberry-hazelnut torte". Our daughter is becoming a pastry artist, creating desserts like I've never done. The "sight, smell and taste "kicked in immediately, as she walked through the door. As I am entering this posting, I have to think of two ladies in my life, who lost the sense of "taste", and how painful that was for them. So many aspects of life, I find myself taking for granted.
True artistry, created by The Master Artist , and captured from our back porch, one morning recently. How grateful I am for the gift of "sight", this Thursday morning. This also causes me to think about a dear lady I heard about, who has lost her sense of "sight", and how desperately she misses it. Today, may I be reminded of the value of the five precious gifts that I was given, to help add more interest and fascination, to my journey of life.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

So yummmy! Makes me want to lick the computer screen and that is just not a pretty site.

Deva said...

What a gorgeous view!!!! It looks like something out of a magazine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails