Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Cupcake Stand and A Buffet Server

I am starting to do some Christmas decorating in my kitchen and eating area. I have one corner near the refrigerator, that tends to be a dark corner. I took my cupcake stand out of the closet, added a garland of faux evergreens, a small strand of tiny clear lights, and then put the colored Christmas ornaments in each cupcake holder.
It certainly brightens up the corner, as I hoped that it would. The one that I decorated is a bit smaller than the first one pictured, although either one would work.


I found this buffet server at Walmart for $ 5.00. I added some faux evergreens, some tiny clear lights, and two old plates that I had in my china cupboard. Another way to light up a darkened area for the holidays. I think this would be a nice gift for someone, especially someone who enjoys entertaining.

The pastries were brought home this afternoon by my daughter. They had baked them this morning. Almond flavoring and sliced almonds made it difficult to put them back in the refrigerator. Tomorrow morning they go to work with my husband. If you are thinking about decorating for the holidays, you might want to look around your kitchen. Clear lights can dress up many things.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails