Friday, June 28, 2013



This roll of pretty pink polka dotted duck tape, has been sitting in a drawer at my house for a few months.  I purchased it at a craft store one day when I found myself unable to walk past it's soft pink and white design.  I remember thinking to myself at the time, as to how far the silver duck tape of the past,  has come.  It remained in my drawer until Wednesday evening.




That was the time I took my five empty and clean baked bean cans from my cupboard.  You see, I was most excited when I found this size cans of baked beans at the local grocery store, because with just two of us to cook for now, this is the perfect size.  And then, since I just can not through away fun sized containers, I washed, dried and stored them for a time such as this:)  Thank you Bush Company for the "new" size.  Not a paid commercial.




Here they are after the labels were simply removed.  As is, they look so good, but...




...I dressed them up a bit with the roll of pink and white Duck tape.  So easy, so quick, and so fancy.

They will look even better this evening, because I am adding some of my pink hydrangeas and some  white daisies in them. I think I will place my clear glass votive holders in the cans, and place the flowers in them, so as to not have any leakage on the table.  They will grace the center of my table, because tonight a special young lady is celebrating her sixth birthday.  Her family will be here to celebrate with her, in a requested spaghetti dinner. 




Next I took my refrigerated water "bottles", removed their blue and yellow labels(which was quite simple).  I then added the pink and white polka dotted duck tape to each one.  Now the bottles were dressed and ready to go.



 
I placed them on my white tray, added some big straws that I had purchased a few months ago, on sale at our Staple's Store, sprinkled some candy confetti, covered it lightly with plastic wrap, and placed the tray back in the refrigerator until the dinner.
 
I will share a few pictures of our fun dinner in the next post, but for today, I will remind you all, of how easy it is to add a touch of color and pizazz to ordinary items, when you want to make an event extra special.
 
Thank you for stopping by today, and thanks for ALL the many ideas I gain from each of you in blogland.
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

Stacey said...

Cute!!

Happy@Home said...

Once again you have come up with a cute way to embellish every day items.
Talk about kicking an ordinary water bottle up a notch. So cute!
I am looking forward to seeing how your flowers look in your new vases. It sounds absolutely adorable.
This is a project even I could do :).
I'm going to be on the lookout for some of that duck tape.
Have fun at the party and Happy Birthday to your little gal.

Melinda said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pink and dots!
So cute.
I'm sure your special guest will love them too.

:)

Marilou said...

How perfectly beautiful & party-like!! You're such a fabulous grandma!!

Debbie said...

Such a cute idea! Festive, easy, and fun! Enjoy your week-end!

lindsey said...

You are so clever, I've never seen patterned duct tape before but will look out for it over here in the UK. Looking forward to seeing more photos!

Anneliese said...

See? you did it again! So cute!
I don't think we have duct tape like that here.

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Oh boy...our Home Depot has a huge assortment of patterned duct tape. This could be kind of like collecting fabric...not sure when or where the tape will be used but so great it needs to be bought!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails