Saturday, June 1, 2013


This morning I offer you a few simple blessings that graced my week.  Gifts that make me smile and sometimes can go unnoticed in my daily routine of life.

~Years ago, this pretty little cup and saucer sat in the wooden hutch of my parent's home, along with her other treasured tea cups.  Here I added some of the purple and white pansies from the pot at my back door.  It all fit so perfectly together as an old and new creation.  When I finished taking pictures of it, I shared it with my mother. 




My knockout roses are more abundant than ever.  The red and pink bushes are filled with so many gorgeous blooms. 




This little guy worked tirelessly to create such perfection, in the midst of the rose garden.  I'd be proud of the job if I was him (or her?).




In our world today, there is still honesty and trust.  This is what I found at a local produce stand.



It brought me a smile to think of how few places in the world operate this way.
Rootbeer anyone?




The roses and wooden fence I passed, by the old wooden bridge.




The "hope" this photo exhibits!!:)  She finished her dish of chocolate yogurt and hoped with all her little heart, that he would share some of his.  Of course, it did not happen.




Sunset after sunset that we've been blessed with.

Today, I my heart thoughts are with those who once again have been hit with massive storms in America's heartland.  I can't imagine what they are facing on this Saturday morning.  Makes me want to never take for granted the simple gifts of my everyday.

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ...just a little something.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Good morning! As always this lifted my heart! Enjoy your day!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

The teacup of pansies are so very pretty! Love all the photos.

My husband has a saying when eating a special treat... "First one done helps the other". :) Doesn't usually work though but he always tries.

Judy said...

Simple blessings are the best! Thank-you for sharing. And yes, I would love to try some homemade rootbeer!
My thoughts and prayers are also with those hit by tornadoes again.

lindsey said...

I love your pretty cup and saucer and have brought quite a few pretty sets back from my mothers house. Your roses are beautiful too and yes that little photo showing your sweet granddaughters expectant face is too cute!

debi said...

Enjoyed my visit....loved the tea cup !!!!

Hugs!

Happy@Home said...

I am imagining the smile on your mother's face when she saw what you had done with her old teacup. How pretty!
Your roses are looking so healthy and beautiful. Mine just finished their first blooming. I am looking forward to the next one.
I smiled when I saw the root beer sign. So heartwarming to know that there are still honest people in our world.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails