Friday, June 28, 2013

 
 
The table was set.
The flowers were picked and added to the cans.
The birthday girl and her family were coming for dinner.
Spaghetti casserole was baked and ready to eat.
 


Paper plates and napkins...Walmart
Tablecloth from my closet.  Added to the table, a piece of polka dot tissue paper to set the flower filled tins on.  For added pizazz, I ran pink battery operated lights down the center of the table.   A few years ago, I purchased them from a Border's Book Store after Christmas sale.  I remember when I got them, I wondered when I would use them, and why I was buying them.  Tonight, I was happy I had them, because they just seemed to fit.




A fun and simple way to celebrate my oldest granddaughter's birthday.





Oh, and the much anticipated "cake".  A big white tray.  Added the paper cups that went with the paper plates and napkins.  I filled the cups with ice cream and sprinkles ahead of time and put the cups in the freezer.  The Barbie doll was her gift.  I stood the Barbie over a glass jar and pulled her skirt down over it, enabling her to be able to stand.  I placed the ice cream filled cups surrounding the Barbie.  I carefully washed a few of the Barbie accessories I got for her, shoes, purses, crowns, and jewelry.  They came in two separate packages at Walmart.  Price...3.00 each.  I added a few candles and then we sang to her:)l
Look at the birthday girl's brother as she blows out her candles.

Having your great-grandma to help her celebrate, was a real blessing,




With stickers I made a sign for the Barbie to hold.  A gift and cake combination.  She would prefer ice cream over cake, so this creation worked for her.

It was a very busy and fun evening.
I do hope you have a good weekend and that you stay cool in the heat.

Most of all, I hope you celebrate those you love, whether they have a birthday or not.   Everyday we have them with us, is a gift.

Thanks so much for stopping by tonight. 


10 comments:

Stacey said...

Your ice cream cups and decorations are adorable. I bet that was fun. :)

Love Being A Nonny said...

how cute!!! how old is annie?

Just a little something from Judy said...

Dear Nonny,
She is six years old today.
They are growing up so quickly.

Happy@Home said...

I can't think of a nicer way to make someone feel extra special on their special day.
You thought of every detail Everything looks so cute and festive. Making the ice cream cups ahead of time is a wonderful idea.
Have a nice weekend, Judy.

Carla said...

Even after all these years, I still marvel at your creativity...what a special party for a special girl! You rock, Mawmaw.

lindsey said...

I can only imagine how much fun you had with all those preparations and how much fun little Annie had at her birthday supper. Well done Grandma!

debi said...

Very sweet, adorable table setting. Your grands must just adore you as you do them...

Hugs!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

A little girls dream birthday. SO pretty with every detail creating the loveliest, festive table! I loved Barbie when I was little.

Happy Birthday to your dear Annie!

Christine said...

So cute and so clever.
The Pink Poke-A-Dots are talking to me!3625runner

Judy said...

Such a fun way to present 'the cake'! Thanks for always sharing your ideas. Happy Birthday to your special granddaughter!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails