Monday, June 3, 2013

 
 
 
 
 
Driving through the country, in our part of the world, homemade signs are everywhere, advertising the abundant crop of freshly picked strawberries.
 



Some signs direct one to the farm and some to the produce stand by the side of the road.
This particular one directed us back a long, winding lane to a farm, with many children.




And many cats and kittens.  This cute little one was perched on the old, wooden wagon, watching all the happenings of daily farm life, going on around her.




The strawberries had been picked only hours ago, and were picture perfect.
As I was buying the four boxes, the lady of the house came out carrying the most delicious looking, freshly made strawberry pie.  In the late afternoon, you cannot imagine how badly I wanted to take the pie home and devour it:).  But, I commented about it, and then drove down the driveway with my newly purchased berries.  Two for our daughter and two for me, compliments of my son-in-law.



One of the recipes I wanted to try, was a "strawberry bread" recipe that I found lately on http://www.thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/  I baked the bread using the simple recipe.  Instead of bread loaves, I used my small bundt pans and muffin pans.  My husband and I both voted it a keeper.  In fact, I had to put them in the freezer, so that I would not eat them tonight.





I needed another small gift.  I found this small cloche and plate on the clearance shelf, at our local Marshall's store.  The cake fit in it, like it was made for it.  I tied a strawberry tag on it, and think it will make a nice gift.

I love the strawberry season!  I eat as many as I can, while they are in season.

I have a few more recipes I want to try.  If I like them, I may share them with you, just in case you have strawberries in abundance, where you live too.

I sure do appreciate your visit here.

I hope your weather is as lovely as ours is.

9 comments:

debi said...

Beautiful photos, can't wait to hear about the new recipes!!

Hugs!

Debbie said...

Oh my does that ever look yummy! Loving strawberries over here too! Enjoy your day!

Lovella ♥ said...

Judy, that is the most beautiful little gift to give. Our strawberries are just beginning to ripen here as well and the taste of a berry picked and tasted soon after is like spring itself.

Judy said...

Yum...the strawberries and the bundt cakes! And what a great way to gift the fruits of the season.

jem60 said...

Oh those berries look so yummy we have 2 more weeks here in the Northeast before we can pick. Thank you for sharing the recipe and can't wait for you to share more.

jem60 said...

Oh those berries look so good we have 2 more weeks before we can start picking. What a great idea for sharing the fruits of your labor.

lindsey said...

Those strawberries look wonderful and the bread surely was a great hit....those little buns look amazing!

Happy@Home said...

Those strawberries look so yummy. It always makes me happy to see the local berries come into season. They taste so much better than the ones we eat all winter.
Strawberry bread sounds very good. I like the creative way in which you tweaked the recipe. It almost looks too pretty to eat :).

Anneliese said...

I love how you come up with the cutest way to gift something you have made! Those cakes look delicious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails