Monday, July 19, 2010

You will find plenty of these ice cubes in my freezer during the hot..."very hot" summer months. I use juices that contain fruit but are light. The red cubes are made from Ocean Spray Light Cranberry juice. It tastes so good and has 2/3 less calories.
Because we enjoy Clear Choice drinks, especially white grape, I just add 1 or 2 cubes to each glass and I have a delicious, refreshing summer drink.


After freezing cubes in ice trays, I fill plastic containers with them and return them to the freezer, ready at a moment's notice.


This is a recipe that is requested in my family. It is so easy to make and the recipe makes a big portion that lasts for quite a long time when stored in an airtight container. I made this for an upcoming baby shower that I am working on.



This is the recipe I use. I use Cheese Nips instead of fish crackers sometimes, and I add some peanuts with the cashews. I serve little glass bowls of this mix when I serve the above mentioned drink. If you stop in sometime I will serve you this combo:)

Just in case you are looking for a quick snack.


12 comments:

Melinda said...

Love those fruity ice cubes! Great memories from childhood!

Love the blog changes.

Melinda

momof3girls said...

Thanks for the tip - I am trying to drink more water, this would help me get my water in and it is so much prettier than a plain glass of water!

lindsey said...

Great ideas...I really like the fruit cubes tip!

Miss Debbie said...

What a pretty idea! BTW,your new look is lovely. Precious little hand holding the bouquet....nail polish and all!

Happy@Home said...

Your ice cubes look so pretty and refreshing too. At first glance I thought they were cubes of watermelon and cantelope. What a great way to make a summer drink extra special.
Your snack mix looks so good and something my boys would enjoy. Personally, I'd like to stop by and enjoy some with you :-).

Diana Ferguson said...

These things sound great!!! Have a great day.

debi said...

Loved the ice cube fruit and the snack idea! I just may stop in one day :-) What a thrill it would be to one day meet you face to face !

Hugs!

corners of my life said...

The juice cubes are so charming. I will serve them to my weekend company. Thanks for the idea.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! It's so refreshing and light. I snatched up the recipe for myself :>) I have a party coming up and this would be perfect. I really like the new look of your blog. It is so cheery with the sunflowers.Very pretty indeed!

Terri said...

The ice cubes look delicious!! Making my mouth water as i type! Thanks for the great ideas!

Shelly said...

Judy, love your blog and stories! Thanks for visiting mine. I thought I would share a website, called picnik.com with you. It's a free and fun way to enhance your photos. Of course, you can upgrade, but I haven't had to yet. It takes really good pictures and makes them really great. Have fun and thanks visiting my blog.
Shelly

Unknown said...

I'm going to make those ice cubes, that's sound so good! Thank you so much for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails