Monday, July 19, 2010

First of all, I want to thank my daughter for the time, skill and creativity that she shared with me on Saturday. She helped me change my blog banner and background. I am so grateful to my daughters and son-in-laws for ALL the help they provide for me on this blog. I have the ideas of what I want to do, then they provide the technical skill to do it. They make it look good. I have not mastered the skill myself ...yet. I love changing the look. I will learn to do this myself, really I will. But for this recent update, I want to thank to my daughter and her daughter. The little one provided the tiny hand with the bouquet of black eyed susans and daisies.
Recently a group of us had dinner at a restaurant in a neighboring town. Our guys were away for the weekend. We had so much fun spending the evening together.
I I think the most clever way for a restaurant to serve desert is the way this restaurant chose to serve it. Delivered to our table was this amazing looking array of tiny(even smaller than they look on this picture) custom created deserts. Individual creations with many decadent flavors, for 2.oo each. When you choose one it becomes yours. When everyone is finished choosing, those remaining are removed from the table. What a huge decision for each of us. Some chose two of them.


Tiny, delicious deserts...the perfect completion to a special "girls night out" dinner.


This week though...fresh fruit that is in abundance, will be my desert of choice. It is one of my favorite luxuries of summer...fresh fruits and vegtables.
I am craving peaches from the orchard right now.


12 comments:

Stacey said...

Happy Monday Judy. :)

Your new look is summery and perfect. I love those tiny hands and the nail polish.

Those desserts do look scrumptious. So much fun to have girl time with good food.

lindsey said...

what would we do without our children to help us out with technology? But I know that you write the words on your posts and that is also what I love so much about your blog. I am encouraged and blesse each time I visit. Those deserts are amazing......I would have had so much trouble choosing which of those to eat!

lindsey said...

That should have said 'blessed' !

Rach said...

What a lovely group of ladies. Oh my, those desserts! TO DIE FOR!!

Lovella ♥ said...

Such a lovely new look. .and I hope you have a wonderful Monday.

Tracy said...

Just read through your last few posts. Loved catching up a little bit with you. Those desserts look amazing. I've had them that way and it's perfect...not too much...just a spot of sweetness.

Really enjoyed those words of wisdom from Max Lucado...couldn't agree more. I'm going to print that one.

Sweet birthday blessings for your grandson. Looks like a wonderful and special celebration!

Your new look is perfect...especially love your grandaughter's hand holding those flowers....precious!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Your new blog looks great and I love the desserts!!!

Shelley said...

I love your blog layout - so cheery and pretty! And those mini desserts looked wonderful - a real great idea! HOpe you are having a wonderful week w/ your beautiful family!

Miss Debbie said...

Thank you for your kind comments about my dad. Those were beautiful little desserts.That kind of thing can really make a meal special. We live in peach country, so we have been enjoying those. And my husband picked 3 1/2 gal of blueberries, so we';; have those all year... love those blueberry muffins!!

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Love your new page!

I also love the ice cube idea... I have the kids coming this week, so will be copying that one...

I also am doing a lot of those little 'one shot' desserts. They are so good. We had them in Norway too, with vanilla bean creme and fresh berries!

Anonymous said...

The desserts look delicious. What a fun time you must have had. I love your little fruit cups too. You have me thinking about going to the store to get some fruit myself :>)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Judy I was catching up on posts that I've missed and I wanted to tell you that I love your new blog design! It's very summery and pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails