Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Right now in our home it is so quiet. Hesitantly, we said our goodbyes to our daughter and son-in-law when we dropped them off at the airport for their flight home. We have had a very special visit together. In fact, on Monday evening our immediate family was home for dinner...all of us together again for the first time since March. On Tuesday, our extended family hosted a baby shower for that daughter and her husband, and what a memorable evening that was. I will be sharing a few pictures of those two events on my next two posts.
Above is pictured a farm and flower gardens that are located a few miles from my home. The two dear ladies who live there and grow the flowers have been a blessing in my life. The simple glass inclosed area along the road is what they use to display their unending array of beautifully created flower arrangements. The gardens beside their home is where they grow them.

Last week I delivered these four pink cans to them. The empty cans from the baked beans that I had served at my grandson's 16th birthday party. I washed and dried them, then sprayed painted them pink to use decorating my daughter's baby shower. You guessed it, she is expecting a little girl. I dropped off the cans and then picked them up on Monday afternoon. They were sitting on this old wooden bench when I arrived at the farm. I could not have been more thrilled than I was with the job they completed for me. Fresh from their gardens and ready to grace the round tables at the shower.


Their artistic ability to mix textures and colors impresses me each time I go to pick up my ordered arrangements. Their prices though are the best!



In their quiet, simple lifestyle free from what many consider normal, they live and work together. Always with pleasant greetings and dependable time schedules they produce their creations throughout the Spring, Summer and Fall. If rocking chairs could talk, I wonder what stories these two would tell.



As we drove away, I captured this picture of their extensive flower gardens.




For our Monday evening family dinner I lined a few of my little white pitchers down the center of the table. I filled them with some bright colored mini petunias from my mother's flower beds. I really liked the look that it created. In between the pitchers, I added some small votive candles. This afternoon they continue to look nice on the table. There is something so delicate and elegant about these little flowers.



And finally to complete this flower post of the day, I want to share with you a very special gift I received in the mail on Saturday. You see, I won a lovely giveaway in blogland, from a gifted lady named Susan. It consisted of a her photography and her artwork. A beautifully framed print and a package of professionally looking notecards. When you go to your mailbox and receive an unexpected package created and sent from someone you never met, it just has a way of brightening your day. Thank you, Susan! I am sure you would enjoy her artistically done blog at "aworkinprogress-susan.blogspot.com/"




Just think of how much fun I will have writing notes to my friends on this perfectly done stationary. Thank you again Susan for your kind generosity.
I look forward to visiting some blogs in the next few days. I have missed you all.
And I also look forward to sharing some of the highlights of this past weekend with you soon.


14 comments:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Oh my! Gorgeous flower arrangements, and best of all they will have scent, unlike most flower arrangement that come from floral shops. Lucky you!

Stacey said...

Judy, I bet you did hate saying good bye to them. Sounds like a wonderful time of togetherness though.

The flower farm is beautiful! Reminds me of the jar of flowers I bought last week at farmer's market. What a life!

Shelley said...

I love that idea of spray painting those cans! Your creative projects always amaze me - and those ladies put together a wonderful bouquet! I think flowers always add the right special touch to any occasion.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Lovely photos..........pretty arrangements.

Happy@Home said...

It must have been a bit hard to say goodbye to your daughter and son-in-law after such a special visit. But, how wonderful that you could all be together to share in this special time in their lives. I look forward to more posts on this.
The glimpse of the flower farm was just lovely. The ladies have a knack for not only growing gorgeous flowers, but also arranging them so attractively and your pink cans were the perfect vessel to put them in.
So glad you are back. I missed you.

Happy@Home said...

I forgot to say "congratulations" on winning the giveaway. What a beautiful gift and so perfect for this post.

Melinda said...

What lovely flower arrangements.

Happy Thursday!

Melinda

Judy said...

I wish those two ladies lived near my place...they do a fabulous job with flowers!

What fun...looking forward to another granddaughter. And how nice to have your daughter and son-in-law home for a bit...having family time and a baby shower.

lindsey said...

This is such a pretty post Judy, I would love to visit those ladies and spend a day with them. Congratulations on the forthcoming Grandaughter, my daughter just had her first scan and it is only one baby this time, although they say it is a big one...not sure of the sex yet.

Miss Debbie said...

How I wish I had the touch to grow and arrange such beautiful flowers! It is truly a gift from God.Thanks for sharing the pictures and about the ladies...sweet!

Susan said...

What stunning arrangements! I love the pink flower cans. I have some pink spray paint. hmmm...I wonder if I have any cans in the recycle bin...
The glimpse of the little lady on the flower farm reminds me of Tasha Tudor. I'll bet they are very intriguing women.
I'm so happy you like the print and notecards. Thank you for your kind words.
Oh the notecards I could make if I had a whole farm of flowers to photograph!
Blessings!
Susan

Jeane` said...

Those flower arrangements were gorgeous...and so was the one I'm still enjoying! Thank you SO much for adding beauty to many lives-including mine!

Anonymous said...

To me there is nothing quite like fresh flowers. These arrangements are just stunning. Who wouldn't love walking into a room and seeing thes on the tables. I also love what you did with the cans. Sooo pretty!!! Another great idea. Thank you :>)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

The flower arrangements were glorious! Perfect shades of pink!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails