Tuesday, July 20, 2010


Last week on the evening of her big brother's birthday party, I had helped this little one get dressed in her sundress, for the party. When I walked into her play room a few minutes later, this is what I found. She was seated in front of the lit vanity(a fun hand-me-down gift from the neighbor girl), and she was pretending to be using the hair blow dryer. I stopped and watched her...was she really growing up so fast? It seems like just yesterday when I walked into her hospital room to meet her for the first time. It was as if time stood still for me in that small play room, as I watched her that summer evening.



My prayer for her as I reflect back over that moment, is that she comes to the realization in her life that there is far more to a life than just outward beauty. In a world like ours, that places so much emphasis on the outside, may she realize early in life, that inner qualities like joy, peace, and kindness add real beauty. I know this to be true...because I have met many truly beautiful people in my life. And please God, don't let her grow up too fast.

11 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

That is SO my prayer for my littles! I use to always tell my own daughter "Jesus makes you pretty on the outside, only if you're pretty on the inside!"

Rach said...

How adorable. What a nice prayer.

Barb said...

Judy, she is beautiful and blessed to have YOU in her life.

Sending you joy this day!

Barb ♥

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

That picture is priceless!!

And the prayer from your heart for her... echoed in my heart for mine. as well.

I loved this Judy!

Jeane` said...

Your such a marvelous mamaw!!! Thank you for giving your time and love to this little girl {who subsequently adores you!!!).
Counter no. 2 is gone, vanished, nada, no more. ;)

Anonymous said...

What a truly lovely post! They do grow up so fast. Having you for a grandmother is going to make her sweet and beautiful on the inside and she's already beautiful on the outside :>)

Melinda said...

She is blessed to have you there for guidance as she does grow up.
She is a cutie!

Melinda

a woman who is said...

Oh my gosh that is so sweet. I know she is a beauty on the outside and I am sure she is a beauty on the inside being one of yours <3

Sooooo sweet!

Miss Debbie said...

Reminds me of a blond curly haired little girl that use to live in our house! It is still curly, but as she grew, she became a brunette. I am blessed to say that, at 23, she is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. She loves Jesus and I am so very grateful for that!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful Post and Picture of your precious Granddaughter. I tell my little Ava I'm going to put bricks on her head, so she doesn't get biiger. She tells me "Mimi, that will hurt my head" I love picking her up in my lap and just loving on her. She is the light of my life.

Happy@Home said...

This is so precious, Judy. When I first looked at the photo I couldn't help but think that she has beautiful hair. I next thought how fun it must be to have such a sweet little granddaughter. Finally, I thought how blessed she is to have a grandmother who would say such kind and loving prayers for her.
A beautiful post from start to finish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails