Monday, December 1, 2008

Tonight's Quick, Easy Dinner

After being away a good part of the day, I found myself short on time, and my daughter and her family, coming for dinner. At the roadside stand I have purchased some homegrown broccoli. After washing thoroughly, I cut it into spears, put it in a baking pan, drizzled extra-virgin olive oil lightly over it, and sprinkled it with salt and pepper.I opened a big can of Hanover's baby whole potatoes from Costco. Drained them, and patted them dry with paper towel. I've learned that by drying them, they tend to be crisper after baking. I put them in a large baking pan, drizzled extra-virgin olive oil on them, sprinkled them with "Cavender's" all purpose Greek seasoning. I put the pan of broccoli and the pan of potatoes(potatoes on the top shelf), in a preheated 350 degree oven, for 45 minutes.
I cooked the baby carrots in some water on the stove top. I added some salt and pepper and a TB of butter. I cooked them on med. heat for 45 minutes, or until tender.
I used one pack of chicken tenders(about 12 of them). In a bowl I melted one stick of butter. In another bowl I crushed one sleve of multi-grain Club crackers and 1/2 cup of shredded parmesean cheese. I dipped each chicken tender in the melted butter, and then in the crumb mixture. I put the chicken in a sprayed jelly roll pan, and baked in the a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes, or until crumbs are golden.
Right before I was ready to serve dinner, I layered my vegtables on a big platter. I drizzled Ranch dressing over everything. My mother would serve her vegtables like this, and I have carried on the tradition. My family prefers this.

The platters looked attractive and according to the comments, tasted delicious too. I made extra of the vegtables so that I could cut them up to use for soup, later in the week. I prefer the fresh baby potatoes, but with the time crunch, these were second best and tasted good.















6 comments:

Tricia said...

I love your blog, I will be back to visit!

Blessings!

SeaWorthy said...

Your such an awesome writer and photographer, YOURSELF!!!

I read all the way back to the amish wagon and have to say your are one inspiring gal! There are alot of blogs out there,and I for one am soooo happy that I found you and yours!
You t0tally made my morning!
Lisa
coastal nest
[ps, love the garage!!!]

Tracy said...

It looks wonderful! Keeping this in mind for a quick dinner at some point. Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Tracy

Kim said...

I felt the warmth from your blog and home and will definitely be visiting again.
God bless you!

vickie said...

Morning Judy, Just dropping in to say hello....I made your chicken and cracker recipe...Wonderful and so easy...God is so very good. vickie L.

LisaShaw said...

I absolutely LOVE broc. and never made it with extra virgin olive oil. I will have to try that. I either eat it raw or steamed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails