Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"Hope"...A Needed Ingredient For The Year Ahead

"Hopeful eyes look upward, penetrating the thick blanket of clouds to the clear blue skies beyond."
I picked up a small book a few months ago, with the title of "The Silver Book of Hope" by Publications International, Ltd. I have read through it many times, and always find myself encouraged by the words in it. I thought I would share some of the messages with you, as we say good-bye to 2008 and are about to enter a brand new year. A year that brings with it uncertainty, apprehension, and many unknowns. Maybe these words will help to encourage you and give you the needed hope to face each new day.

"There be no potion so powerful, no pill so amazing, no promised reward so alluring as the certain belief that something good can happen tomorrow."


"Today I long to make a difference...to pass along peace and joy and somehow resurrect hope in weary hearts."




"Hope is about believing with a humble heart that tomorrow can be different. It's about knowing that light will come to chase away darkness." "Hopeful eyes perceive the light where other eyes see only night."




"When the darkness casts shadows upon us and the answers are nowhere in sight, hope lifts us up on a wing and a prayer and carries us back to the light." "We have this hope, a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters the inner shrine behind the curtain." Hebrews 6:19.





"Hope is not immune to reality but transcendent of it. Hope lifts us up to higher ground, where we can see the bigger picture, the wider vista, the far horizon." "Hope knows that in the midst of feeling all alone, God is still with me."


"Like the evergreen, hope never dies, but stands tall and mighty against the coldest winter winds until the summer sun returns to warm its outstretched branches." "Hope gives me strength to stay when fear insists, "You must run away."



"Hope knows on the other side of pain is joy, on the other side of injustice is peace." "Hope, like the glimmering taper's light, Adorns and cheers our way; And still, as darker grows the night, emits a brighter ray." ---Oliver Goldsmith " Hope whispers to the weary heart, "Hold on."
"O Hope! dazzling , radiant Hope!--What a change thou bringest to the hopeless; brightening the darkened paths, and cheering the lonely way."---Aimee Semple McPherson

Wishing you hope, peace and joy as you enter a new year of life. ...thanks to my gifted photographer, uncle and friend, for these sharing these pictures with me.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to get to know you better to read your oldest posts. Its neat how I came across this post first, since I had just "written" about hope / restoration, I am hoping today that my family will be restored completely and I can see that it is finally happening! All praise to God! I just love the photos that your Uncle sends to you, very uplifting to me!
Christina

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails