Thursday, April 17, 2014

 
 
"Happy Easter" to each one of you!



There is so much beauty everywhere I look now!  For some reason, I thought of the lyrics of this old gospel song by Jim Reeves.  His soothing voice made it a treat to listen to him sing.



"Flowers.  The Sunset.  The Trees"  recorded by the late Jim Reeves.
Written by Mattie O'Neal


 
 
"Each time I touch a rose petal
 
And breathe the sweet fragrance it brings
 
I know there's a God up in heaven
 
No human could create these things.
 
 
 
 
The dogwood, the oak and the willow
 
So gracefully wave in the breeze,
 
The dogwood I'll always remember
 
My Lord died upon one of these.
 
 


The sunset in its golden splendor

Such colors no artist can do

I know when I look on its beauty

Each page in the Bible is true.



No picture or painting can capture

The beauty of any of these

The handiwork of God is revealed

The flowers, the sunsets, and the trees."
 



What a beautiful and alive time of the year!
 
A holiday filled with promise, hope, and wonder...
 
Because God has risen!
 
Thanks so much for stopping here tonight.



3 comments:

debi said...

Beautiful lyrics and photos. I felt calmness and hope as I scrolled through.
Have a blessed Easter my friend...



Hugs!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I grew up listening to Jim Reeves and his beautiful voice. Most lovely photos and words focusing on our Creator. Happy Easter to you and your dear family!

Anne Delisle (Famille Gerdel) said...

What a nice blog!

Anne
Ville de Québec

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails