Wednesday, April 4, 2012



I found two packs of scone dough in the refrigerator section, of the local Walmart store.  I read the ingredients and they sounded good and healthy, so I decided to buy two packs and give them a try.




Great packaging from this company.
I like to keep a few of these in my freezer, to warm and serve with coffee, especially around the holidays.
Time is limited in my schedule, so I thought I would give these little scones a try.




I cut each the small triangles in half and baked them in tiny pieces.  Before baking, I sprinkled each piece of the scones lightly with cinnamon sugar.



Must admit, they sure tasted good right out of the oven, with my hot cup of coffee.




Little friends placed on my kitchen counter, by my grandchildren.




My newly planted peony bush.  A much appreciated birthday gift.   What exquisite beauty!



The blooming, bleeding heart plants in my side flower bed.



"Maw Maw, what is the name of this plant?"  "It is a snowball bush, because the flowers look like snowballs". 




I think the flowers from this bush are beautiful!  Their intricate flowers go from pink to white, when they open.




Pretty colored pot sitting on my old wooden bench, at the back door.
I like to find the lovliness in daily life, in the midst of some of the not so nice happening in our world.

Thank you so much for stopping by tonight.

3 comments:

Patty Marker said...

Everything looks gorgeous. I agree a simple pot of pansies can make every day more beautiful.

lindsey said...

Beautiful photo's. The scones look wonderful, we dont get mixes like that in the UK and although we are able to buy some mixes I never find any as yummy looking as those found in US. So handy to just be able to knock some up at the last minute. have a happy Easter time!

Kathleen said...

I knew it! I just knew it!! I knew I'd drop in and find myself surrounded by lovely & yummy fare. You never disappoint!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails