Saturday, June 27, 2009

Early Morning Breakfast Run


Early this morning we left for the open roads, headed down country for a good old fashion breakfast destination where the country music was playing and there was lots of hot coffee waiting. The beauty of today's early morning landscape is impossible to describe. Hopefully these photos that I captured from the back of the bike will give you a glimpse of the scenery awaiting us.



Whether I looked up at the sunrise and the many cloud formations...






...or looked around me at the countryside grandeur, beauty abounded.




Riding bike with my brother and his wife is always fun in the making. This photo was taken by my sister-in-law, as we passed one of the many meticulous farms on the way.






With my little Cool Pix camera I took this photo of my brother and sister-in-law.



As they led the way on the ride home, the view of them on this scenic road was worth capturing.




Through the quiet mountain road, down the hill, and over the sunlit old steel bridge...what a perfect way to start a weekend.




The rippling stream under the bridge added to the memory.



A gorgeous old stone farmhouse set along the road, with flower beds I only dream of having. I could not resist snapping this picture as we rode past.




Joggers and hikers were already on the trails as we rode past the big county park. Our ride was almost over, and for many people the day was just beginning. Work needing to be done, schedules needing to be met...the fun needed to end for now.











13 comments:

Marty said...

Thanks for the ride, Judy. We don't have our bike anymore. My favorite part of any ride was the smells and feeling the temperature changes...little, subtle senses that aren't present in an enclosed car. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to start a day. Has to be an early start, since it gets so hot in the middle of the day.
Blessings for your weekend.
QMM

Lauren said...

Positively beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Barb said...

Judy, how much fun is this?! I will have to show this to my husband.....although....???? He is forever trying to get me on his motorcycle....they scare me to death.

The setting is breathtaking!

Barb

Kathleen said...

What a beautiful landscape; and what a fun way to take it in!

Shelley said...

I felt like I was riding along - so many beautiful views!

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! Beautiful photos. It must be wonderful to share special time like that with your brother and his wife. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Melanie said...

Oh Man! That was beautiful.
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Thank you sweet friend for your prayers...we have had a little set back and still need your prayers....teresa

Blessings each day said...

Almost looks too pretty to be real...why can't my yard look like that?
thanks for taking us along for a great ride!

blessings,

marcy

Judy said...

What fun...and what beautiful countryside to tour! We just got home from a road trip with our RV...and met many others travelling on motorbikes...and thought it looked like a fun way to travel though the mountains.

Connie said...

Wow! What fun! I too wish for those beautiful flower beds....why don't they happen??? What a pretty ride!

Connie

LisaShaw said...

Awesome! What a way to start the day Judy!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails