Wednesday, January 5, 2011



I am sitting here thinking, making final lists, and praying about our upcoming wedding. It is what mom's do after months of planning. It is a difficult task for me. One learns much about one's self when planning a daughter's wedding.


One of those things I am learning is that I am not a planner. I am more of a "live for the moment" type person. So, as I face these last few days, I am being stretched beyond my comfort zone. I know whatever happens, happens, and I am fine with that. I also know that this wedding includes many small people and with that comes a bit of the uncertainity that I feel in my heart.




I feel quite confident and excited that these three beautiful girls will cooperate with the wedding schedule. Cousins and friends, these three grew up and survived many phases of life together. I love these girls and am so thankful that God gave our daughter such special cousins to go through life with. I look forward to seeing them serve Kimberly as her bridesmaids.


Now these three...well, I am just not sure how this aspect of the wedding will work. Our daughter wants all of her neices and nephews to be in their wedding(that would be six children, ages four and under), and therein lies my uncertainty this morning. I do not have expectations, just a few dreams. My four year old grandson came up with the brilliant idea that he wants to use his new Pillow Pet Penquin, to carry the rings down the aisle.



Why not??? It might help in the aisle walking:) They are so little and even though the wedding is on the smaller side, a filled church just might be intimidating to them. Either way...I am fine with it. Stay tuned. Thanks for letting me share my thoughts over a cup of coffee this morning.

*coffee picture from Google Images

17 comments:

Crickit said...

I will be praying for you as you continue to plan your daughter's wedding. I know God will give you a peace about all of the "little" things and "little" ones. I can't wait to hear more about it. When is the wedding?
-Crickit

lindsey said...

That penguin is a brilliant idea...maybe his future career will be as a wedding planner?? I am sure you are doing a great job and as we know prayer is the key to all things what is there to worry about? :)

Barb said...

Judy, take these thoughts to God....as I am sure you already have.

Ask specifically for His peace. I will ask for you also.

It will be wonderful!!

Barb ♥

Love Being A Nonny said...

My daughter had NINE little children in her wedding. There were a few little *hitches* but the children MADE the wedding!!! Look back at my October 4, 2008 post to a see a pic with all the *littles*. Everything has a way of working out just fine! Can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Happy@Home said...

That penguin pillow idea and accompanying photo is just the sweetest little thing. I can only imagine all of the details that go into planning a daughter's wedding. Somehow I think it will all work out into a beautiful and memorable event. Of course that's easy for me to say.
My thoughts and best wishes are being sent to you on this happy occasion.

Debbie said...

Praying is probably the thing to do when such young ones are involved. The penguin pillow is just hilarious! Little boys are such thinkers at that age! One thing is for sure; you can never predict what they will do in the final march, no matter how many times you practice. And it's usually charming:)
Don't forget to have fun!

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

I think the wedding is going to be wonderful! Every bit of it, and probably the little ones most of all! Just smile, and enjoy every bit of it. Everyone is forgiving where kids are concerned and the guests will love whatever impromptu things might happen! :)

Christine said...

Yes, it was a good conversation. And the coffee was good, also.

Your daughter's wedding will be perfect, no matter what happens.
Remember, a wedding is just a day.
A marriage is a life time.

corners of my life said...

Wedding guests will love the involvement of your little ones. That's the bonus to being little no matter what they do it will be cute. It is funny - the things that we think about over that morning cup of coffee (or while falling asleep at night). Enjoy every minute.

Landis said...

If it's anything like your middle daughter's wedding, I know it will be a beautiful success! No matter what happens. On my wedding day the Lord blessed me with a terrible memory. I didn't even remember the "little things" that I too had in the back of my mind, I was too focused on my groom and that was quite alright with me. :) Congratulations! Can't wait to see photos!

Melinda said...

Congratulations, good luck and
take DEEP breaths. Everything will work out fine.

Melinda

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Such an exciting time for you Judy as you plan your daughter's wedding! Enjoy it all and don't stress everything will be as it should and be wonderful!

Kathleen said...

Planner or not, I'll just bet this wedding is a flourish of creativity & beauty - - right down to the penguin!

I can hardly wait for the epilogue.

Hugs,
Kathleen

Beth at Aunties said...

I too am praying all will go well with the wedding and it will be perfect perfect and even if your precious grandchildren do adorable things to bring smiles to all. I love his pillow!!!
Judy, most of all, I pray you will feel relaxed and ENJOY your daughter's special day as you create treasured memories. She is beautiful just like you!

Stacey said...

That sounds like a dreamy wedding to me. :) I hope all the little ones cooperate.

Miss Gracie's House said...

How did it go? I think it is sweet that she wanted all of the littles no matter how they well they co-operated...my dd couldn't handle the uncertainty...me? I thought they would have been darling...but how is MOM doing? There is a big *what now?* feeling isn't there?
Rene

Pat@Life At Lydias House said...

I can't wait to see the photos. You have such a beautiful family it would be impossible to mess it up. Many years ago when I was fretting over my own wedding plans, my roommate kept asking me, "Have you ever seen an ugly wedding?" I know it will be lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails