Monday, March 1, 2010


For the daily shows of "Max and Ruby" that came on, just when some needed peace and quiet was necessary...


For a captive audience during a fun performance...


For the older sister who helped with the entertaining of the smallest ones...




For the old, well made toys that now brought joy to the next generation of little ones...





For the moments of hugs and kisses between siblings...rare moments, but moments none the less...





For the bedtime stories and the grandpa who read them...




For sisters who sometimes dressed the same, sometimes showered each other affection, and sometimes helped for each other...

These were a few of my rich blessings this past weekend. They became more real to me in light of the news broadcasts of the Chilean earthquake and the devastation involved...the lives lost...and the uncertainities that resulted from this major catastrophy.
May I be made aware today, and as I face this week, that truly...
..."simple pleasures are priceless treasures."

13 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

They are indeed! Precious moments...I know you were in heaven.

And, I have a whole playroom of those oldie but goodie toys!!!

lindsey said...

Beautiful pot as always Judy. Yes those old toys were made so well and those Grandchildren are such a blessing.....Thank you Lord!

Tracy said...

Precious photos of your treasured grands. What a wonderful way to spend a weekend. = ) You're so right...we are so very blessed.

Jeane` said...

Thank you Lord for equipping me with what I need to mother this crew You gave to me, and for two of those "tool's" who not only taught me how to parent, but are amazing sources of love and security to my own children. These are gifts i do NOT take for granted.

Amen.

Anonymous said...

Precious moments indeed. My heart goes out to the people of Hati, Chile, and now Europe. Your grandchildren are so beautiful. It must be so much fun at your house.

lindsey said...

Thanks for your message regarding the storms here in the Uk. Yes we are fine Judy thank you, I think they are mostly in the north, we have had wonderful spring weather today. and havent experienced the severe weather. I appreciate your concern, so kind of you to think of us.

SeaWorthy said...

Those little babies are so lucky to have a grama like you!!! Adorable, enjoy it! They grow up soofast..
I hope when you visit alaska you will please stop by my place!! It would be such a pleasure!
xo
Lisa

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Wonderful words. wonderful thoughts...wonderful blessings!

Landis said...

Great post! You're amazing to watch all of those kids. Where do you get all of your energy?! I don't even have that much! :) Love those curls!

p.s. - That toy clock reminds me of church. I played with that all the time in nursery. :)

Everyday Sparkles said...

Such beautiful words. You are a beautiful person.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful day!

Connie said...

Precious and busy moments...you had your hands full and what fun it was. You are a blessing to your daughter and her husband and to those little ones. Good memories for all of a weekend together.

They are ALL so precious!!

Connie

lindsey said...

yes Judy we are fine, the stormy weather is in the north and hasnt affected us. Thank you so much for your concern.

Kathleen said...

What could possibly intrude on such precious moments? Don't they just take your breath away? Couldn't you just scoop them up and squeeze the daylights out of them, and lovin' into them?

Now I'm missing my babes (though they barely fit on my lap anymore). Thank God we've got a bonus baby coming in June.

Thank you for captivating us (again) with your photographic eye and creative word-smithing.

Blessings,
Kathleen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails