Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Recently, I visited a new blog and read an interesting post about Sharpie pens.
Alli, at ...  http://www.onepearlbutton.com/2010/11/tutorial-faux-guilded-votive-cup  (click on tutorials at the top of her blog)
created some pretty votives using glass cups, paper lace doilies, and  Sharpie pens.
My curiosity got the best of me, because her finished products looked so good and she made it seem simple.




 On my next visit to the local Dollar Tree, I purchased this plain white coffee mug.
I already had some small, paper, heart doilies from last year, and I also had a collection of extra fine point, Sharpie pens.




 That is it.  Just these few items. 




 I lightly glued the edges of the lace doily to the mug, using a glue stick.  Then I took my pen and filled in all the holes I chose to.  I must admit it was not quite as simple as it looked, but it was simple enough that I could do it.  I understand from Alli, that you need to let the marker dry when it is completed, but after that the ink will not come off with washing.




 I added some polka dot filler that I had purchased a few months ago, from The World Market.





And a few tea bags and mini chocolate chip cookies.

Not sure why I tackled this project, but I think it was just to see if it would work for me.
If you have a moment, go and see the beautiful job Alli did on her project. 

Thank you so much for stopping by to see my amateur project. 

3 comments:

debi said...

Wow, I think I will try it...love to personalize some cups for Valentine gifts!!!

Hugs!

Lovella ♥ said...

I love it and I think you did a great job. It's so amazing how we can keep passing ideas to each other. Spreading the love!

lindsey said...

Judy this is so clever and you have done a great job. I didn't know you could get pens that don't wash off. This is a great gift for anyone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails