Friday, February 11, 2011


Everytime I see hearts and roses, I am reminded of the special holiday that will soon be here.  I am a romantic at heart, always have been.  Valentine's Day is an opportunity for all of us to let those we love know that we do.  Life can get so busy and at times so demanding that it is easy to express that love and care.

This idea is so simple that I feel funny sharing it, but I am a firm believer that it is always the thought that counts...right?  I have often made these chocolate chocolate chip muffins (I add 1 tea. of vanilla to the batter).  I used my smaller muffin pan.  When removed from the oven I left them cool.
I filled a small ziplock bag with creamy Cool Whip and clipped a tiny corner of the bag.




Then, since I like to dress up my muffins for the holiday, I sliced some of my fresh strawberries, then cut the slices with my tiny heart cutter.  I told you this was simple.



I cut each muffin with a tiny x in the middle of each muffin, took the Cool Whip bag and squirted the cream into the center of each muffin.  I added a dollop on top of each muffin and topped with the tiny strawberry hearts.  The platter will go in the refrigerator until it is ready to serve.  To serve, I will drizzle a bit of chocolate syrup on a white saucer and then top with a muffin.  There you have it, chocolate and strawberries...a perfect combination.





"May no gift be too small to give, nor too simple to receive, which is wrapped in thoughtfulness and tied with love."   ~L.O. Baird




Some chocolates for you from Victoria Magazine.

9 comments:

Stacey said...

What a pretty idea. You have the best ideas!

Miss Debbie said...

A sweet idea!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Love your strawberries...♥

Kim said...

Another winner idea that I plan to use ~ thanks!

Jen said...

What a pretty little sweet treat! I love it - thanks for sharing this.

Melinda said...

What a great AND easy idea!
The cool whip tip is great too.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Melinda

Maurie said...

Judy, I found out last night about your blog. I have enjoyed reading some of your posts and your sidebar. I have one, too. I love yours, including the music you added. You will have to come show me how to add that. My blog is GraciousInteriors.blogspot.com. I'd love for you to stop by. :) Marcia Piepgrass

Beth said...

What a beautiful idea. I'm having my grandchildren over, so this will be a special treat. Thank you.

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

So pretty, easy and quick-wonderful idea-your the best hostess ever! Thanks so much for sharing this, Judy!
-going to tweek it for Spring and use it for a special day at the shop near Easter. We served simple heart sugar (short bread) cookies and coffee today! My daughter stayed up way late last night baking, frosting and decorating them.
Enjoy your break and have a blessed time with your family!
With love from the cabin,
Claudia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails