Monday, February 9, 2009

The Pantry...A Brand New Venture


On Saturday afternoon my husband and I visited a Farmer's Market in NewCastle, Delaware. Our friends have opened a stand called "The Pantry", in a newly constructed section of the market. There are many stands that have opened in this section of the market. When we arrived at "The Pantry", we discovered several of the family members working at the stand. The beautifully decorated pantry looks similar to an old country farmhouse kitchen.


The yellow painted walls and the old wooden windows helped add to the farmhouse theme.



This dear friend and her husband are the originators and owners of "The Pantry". Their creativity, their warm, caring personalities and their "get alot done" work ethic , is what is making this new venture so successful.

This old kitchen cupboard adds to the feel of a grandma's pantry.
Our friend was busy at work, putting the finishing touches on this "caramel, chocolate, apple with nuts. Oh my...how delicious it looked sitting on the silver tray.



As you can see...there are only two apples left to buy.


The candy counter was perfectly organized and all the scrumptious looking chocolates were lined on the shelves.


Shelves containing an endless display of herbs, seasonings, granolas, dried soups, raisins, nuts, sunflower seeds...the list goes on and on, were lined from the floor up.



Clear plastic containers holding endless amounts of colors, flavors and types of candy, were on the shelves in the center section of the store. Gummy bears, gummy hearts, gummy worms...so many choices, and so little time.


One of their adorable daughters who just happened to be available for a picture.

In the center of "The Pantry" was a large wooden cart decorated in red and white and hearts. Perfect place to display all of the Valentine's Day candy assortment.


Another wall of shelves with more assortment of pantry staples. Everything one could need to stock one's kitchen pantry at home. We had an enjoyable visit, including deliciously made sandwiches for lunch and samples of freshly squeezed orange juice that convinced us to not leave without buying some to take along home. If you are ever looking for an fascinating afternoon event, you might want to visit.












































14 comments:

Judy said...

That looks like a great place to visit! I wish your friends much success in their new venture.

Is Newcastle, Delaware near Lancaster County, Pennsylvania? I'm just wondering...since the sign says 'The Pantry...of Lancaster County'.

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

Hi Judy,

Oh that looks all so yummy! and what a beautifully arranged store! I would love to go there , what a neat place to visit! Thanks for sharing such yummys and pretties :)

Hugs, Cynthia

Stacey said...

All of those little containers look very tempting. :)

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

I would love to spend some time browsing through the Pantry! I can see your dear friends put a lot of time and work into their place. I love to see people do well in their new businesses and I hope with all my heart that they are very successful!
I really enjoyed the visit!
Blessings to you!
Claudia O.

Tracy said...

What a fun little spot! Makes me wish I lived closer. Thanks for sharing these photos with us. Looks just lovely! = )

Blessings,
Tracy

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Oh...I want to go with you!!! I LOVE going to places like this!! So close to my heart...

Tracy said...

Hi Judy, it's me again. Wanted to let you know two of my blog buddies have just created a wonderful new blogspot called "Creations for His Glory." They've posted a beautiful handmade creation for Valentine's Day that I think you might like. Here's the link...http://creations4hisglory.blogspot.com/

Blessings,
Tracy = )

Shelley said...

Your friend's place is so nicely decorated! And I love that name "The Pantry!" Definitely look like they have some yummy goodies - I'll take those 2 apples that were left! :)

Lulu and Tutz said...

What?!?! I didn't know the Hersheys have "The Pantry"!!! The apples made my mouth water instantly! YUM! By the way...meant to comment you sooner and let you know I entered your name in our drawing...I totally forgot to mention it when you were here the other day, so I signed you up myself! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good evening Judy, I like to go to those types of stores. They always have such interesting things on the shelves. I also wish your friend the best of luck. thank you for the tour.

amy said...

Love it!!

May God bless this new endeavor for your friends!

LisaShaw said...

WOW! I'd love to work there...I'd probably gain 50 pounds!!

I pray the blessings of the LORD upon your friends and their business venture.

BTW, love the photo of you and your hubby on the side bar.

Bless you dear friend.

Cathy Cobblestone said...

"The Pantry" is so cute and everything looks so yummy - ESPECIALLY those incredible apples. I wish them the best of luck - I know what it is like to put your heart and soul in something.

I wanted to thank you for your kind words regarding my friends passing. Thank you for your sincere kindness. Blessings, Cathy

Wanda said...

Oh, Judy! The Pantry looks fabulous! I can't wait to get there...I've heard SO much about it! I especially liked the SHOOFLY PIE MIX pic! wink wink!

Love, Wanda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails