Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Breath Taking Sunrise

This is what I saw early this morning from my upstairs window. The sunrise truly was a breath taking sight! As I stood there watching it, I wondered to myself what the day will hold? What new events will unfold today?


It seems to me that the events of the days lately have left me with so many "unknowns". I don't know which politicians to believe ...I don't know which peanut butter products to use and which not to...I absolutely do not know why anyone would purposely set fires in a country, that would destroy numbers of people's lives...I don't know where the trillions of dollars for the rescue plan, will come from...BUT, what I am reminded of is a favorite song of mine from years ago, written by Ara Stamphill. The title, "I Know Who Holds Tomorrow." The words bring comfort to my early morning thought process; "I don't know about tomorrow; I just live from day to day. I don't borrow from its sunshine For its skies may turn to gray. I don't worry o'er the future, For I know what Jesus said. And today I'll walk beside Him, For He know what is ahead. Many things about tomorrow I don't seem to understand But I know who holds tomorrow And I know who holds my hand. ---Whatever my questions, whatever the anger, frustation, or deep concerns that I feel in my heart today, I do know the words of this song to be true...so therein lies my peace as I stare at the exquisitely created sunrise, on this early Thursday morning.

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good morning Judy!!! When we behold such beauty as you did this morning we just have to remind ourselves that "this is a day that The LORD hath made....let us rejoice and be glad in it"! The frustration and feelings of the unknown are shared by many these days, but I try to remember who is in control and that He lets absolutely nothing happen that isn't part of His plan. We don't know what tomorrow holds even in what we perceive as "good times", but let us remind ourselves and each other that we know WHO holds our future.

It's going to be 71 here again today. I think you should seriously consider coming to Myrtle Beach!!! Just let me know when and I'll be right there to greet you! Hope you have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Wanda said...

Hands Down, You're the Coolest!

Happy@Home said...

Good Morning Judy,
What a beautiful sunrise to greet a new day. I had not heard that song before, but the words are very comforting especially for these uncertain times. Thanks for sharing them and have a nice day today.

Tracy said...

Beautifully spoken, Judy. How wise we are to keep our focus on Christ, rather than all that goes on around us. There is truly blessed assurance in the words of that song. You're right...that is indeed a breath taking sunrise! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Blessings,
Tracy

Dale said...

Perfectly said...and a beautiful sunrise to reminder us of our Creator who orders all our days. Thank you for the reminder.

LisaShaw said...

Precious Judy,

The photos are beautiful. Your words are filled with the thoughts of many.

I constantly sing, pray and meditate on Psalm 121. I also speak and pray Psalm 27:13-14.

I trust ONLY the LORD for blessed is the 'man' whose trust is in the LORD. He holds our today, tomorrow and our future.

I too am concerned about what I have been seeing for a long time now. Many in my culture do not share my views but I stand on the Word of God and will bow only to JESUS. I am His follower and His alone.

I love you and I stand with you in trusting in our LORD. May our days, nights and tomorrows be filled with His presence and where fear tries to step in may FAITH ABOUND.

SeaWorthy said...

Just gorgeous!
dont you love it when that happens??
just like the award Im giving you!
--and a giveaway.
come and get it!

Judy said...

Well said, Judy. We can't be sure of too many things these days...but we do know Who holds our future!

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy, Your pictures are just amazing and a true reminder of who is in control of our universe. It's very difficult for all of us these days while we are being pounded with sad and horrible news every day. It helps me to stay focused on God. It also helps to come to wonderful blogs like yours. Thanks you so much for the lovely comments you left on my blog this morning.

Miss Gracie's House said...

beautiful....Thanks for the encouragement!
Rene'

vickie said...

Perfect for the day...Thanks/ Life will lend us disappointments, but we need not be discouraged....Who would have thought as we memorized Ps. 23 when little, it would grow in our hearts to lead us.Another post card from heaven Judy. vickie

cherry said...

I know it...that whole peanut butter thing....why are there so many recalls on food anymore? I don't remember it being like that before. Anyways...Jesus will carry the burden..I have to remind myself this from time to time. Beautiful pics. cherry

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails