Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Peanut Crunch" Recipe Requested Again

Another request for the recipe of "Peanut Crunch" came today from the mother of one of my daughter's friends. She had taken a package of it along with her, on a visit this past weekend. The mother called and said that she really would like the recipe. She said she tried to hide it from the rest of the family after she tasted it. Quite honestly, I have heard that said before, about this recipe. My first encounter with this special treat, happened a few years ago, when one of my dear friends came to visit. She handed me a beautiful cellophane package containing what she called "peanut crunch". The rest is history. I cannot tell you how many times I have whipped up this treat, or how many times I have given out the recipe. My daughters made it for friends, for birthday gifts, for hostess gifts. The comments are almost always the same...raving reviews. The best part of all is that it is simple to make, and easy to store in the refrigerator. Here is the recipe; in a large bowl, put l bag of Peanut Butter chips, a bag of white chocolate chips and 1 TB. of peanut butter. Put in the microwave for 2 minutes. Stir the mixture until smooth. Add 1 cup of dry-roasted peanuts and 1 1/2 cups of slightly crushed pretzels. I usually use little pretzels, and I often add 2 cups instead.
After stirring the mixture together, pour onto a cookie sheet and smooth out to a thin layer. Refrigerate the pan for at least 1 hour.
Remove from the refrigerator and break the firm sheet of candy into many pieces. Put in a large plastic container with a tightly fitting lid, and store in the refrigerator until needed. This stores well in the refrig.Choose one of many different types of containers, when giving this mixture to friends. I often use a clear bag and a colorful ribbon. Last week when I was sending this package on the plane with her, I chose a plastic container, fall ribbon and faux berries to package the candy in. Today when her friend's mother called for the recipe, she also inquired as to where I found the beautiful ribbon. The "Dollar Tree" comes through again for me. Plastic container and ribbon, same store. I often thank my friend for introducing this recipe to me, so that I in turn could pass it on to so many others. This is just one of many good recipes that she continues to pass on to me.

























No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails