Thursday, October 9, 2008

Another Reason I Enjoy This Time Of The Year...

This time of the year, I get to observe this scene from my back porch. Actually, I find myself looking forward to it, as Summer comes to a close. They are getting the fields ready for the winter, and it seems to be a long process.
They work together in the fields, and to my amazement, I could hear them singing loudly together as they worked. I have learned to know this neighboring family over the years, and as I have had that privilege, I have learned some valuable lessons from them. A large family that lives simply, works together long hours and they always have time for a kind word with others.


I found this piece in a book I was reading a few months ago. The message in it, seemed to portray a simple, yet profound concept in living everyday. Sometimes, our days fly by so quickly, that we forget to live fully in the moment. So today, on this beautiful Fall day, hopefully I will be reminded of what really matters in life.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails