Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Colorado...and Home Again

" Colorado" is truly one of my very favorite places to visit. This past weekend I had that privilege. The weather and the scenery were so beautiful!! We spent many miles on the road while we were there and I never tired seeing the mountains and the lakes. "Majestic" would be the word I would use to describe what I saw.
#1 reason for the trip... to help celebrate my nephew's wedding. What fun it was to meet all of the many family and friends involved in the joyous occasion. The meaningful ceremony and the events preceeding and following, were memorable to say the least.
#2 reason...a rare opportunity to visit family at the ranch near Steamboat Springs. Stepping foot onto the ranch, is like being welcomed into a big, cozy, inviting home, with warm, western hospitality. The ranch is surrounded by breath-taking mountain ranges.
How fortunate to have a real live "cowboy" for my brother-in-law. He truly is a cordial host, greeting friends from around the world. The ranch provides so many fascinating things to do, that we were disappointed our departure time far too quickly. Hopefully, it won't be another four years until I see my dear sister-in-law again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails