Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Celebrating The Many Blessings of Autumn

I love to bake loaves of pumpkin bread. It is part of my welcome to this, my favorite season. I have tried many different recipes over the years, saved some of them and discarded others. This one I found on the internet under "Moist Pumpkin Bread " recipes. I must admit it lives up to it's name and it will be a keeper in my file. If you are looking for a recipe that makes a big portion of batter and truly is moist and delicious, go to www.cooking-mexican-recipes.com/pumpkin-bread-recipe.html . I added lots of chopped walnuts and raisins because that is our preference. It is a mild tasting pumpkin bread, another one of our preferences.
As I was baking the pumpkin bread, the aroma took me to a very special home in the country, that we visit every November for Thanksgiving Day. Just walking onto the grounds brings the sights, smells and feel of Autumn alive. The smell of pumpkin pie that has been taken from the oven, greets us as we enter the home. All of the grounds surrounding this old farmhouse, built in the 1800's, seem to celebrate the season of Autumn and the beauty of country living. Some of my friends who have moved to the Florida and Texas, truly do miss this time of the year.
And for many years, the family's beloved dog is there to greet us. It all goes together, fallen leaves, cool tempetures, cozy wood stove, and lots of hot coffee...so many reasons that this season fits my personality. My prayer is that I will take time to stop, and notice ALL of this beauty before the cold winter arrives.

1 comment:

liz young said...

Judy- Hi! my name is Liz Young, I am Bev (Garber) Duma's 2nd daughter...Aunt Jul Hoober gave us your site to look at, and i've enjoyed reading it from time to time. I made this pumpkin recipe today and it got rave reviews!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails