Tuesday, November 29, 2016

 

Each Christmas since I received them, I open the box where they are stored, and
place them in a chosen location.  They are an array of homemade Christmas
trees that one of my gifted friends made.  This year, I decided to place
them on my fireplace mantel.


I mixed them in with the tiny white lights and faux evergreens, and thought I would
share the look with you.


Each white tree has a different design, and has it's own beauty.  This is one of my
favorites!
















 
Last year I saw this idea for a homemade gift, and saved it. 
I have always been a promoter of homemade gifts.  They speak
to my heart.  The fact that someone thought of me, and then took the time
to share that thought in a special way. 
 
In my role of grandma, I have tried to instill that concept to my
grandchildren, and so you can imagine how thrilled I was when
my daughter sent these pictures to me recently.


She wanted to make a birthday gift for her friend who lived up the street.  In her
mind, she pictured the idea of making a night light gift.  She cut the greens,
placed them in a jar,  and then added a tiny strand of colored lights from the
local store dollar bin.


You can see that she was quite pleased with her completed gift.  And, like I also
believe to be so important, she wrote out the words of her heart, onto a card for
her little friend.  How sweet!

 
Today, that dear friend, can look at the pretty nightlight by her bed, and
know that someone loves her.  
 
So, this holiday season, remember, it is the thought that counts.
Homemade gifts can come in so many varieties.  Gifts of time,
gifts from the kitchen, from the garden, or simply a card with words
that express your heart thoughts.
 
Here is a gift for you today...
 
 

Happy Tuesday!

6 comments:

Carla said...

How sweet is she?!! Yes, she is her grandmother's little girl, she has caught what you so faithfully live out in front her, and all the rest of your grandchildren. I love her little nightlight tree and the kind heart behind it. Thanks for sharing!

jem60 said...

Such a thoughtful friend she is to think of others and what a beautiful gift. Thank you for sharing and I love the mantel it is beautiful

Stacey said...

Judy, I love the idea of homemade gifts but have never been very good at them. That's one of the reasons I've always gravitated towards the gifts you've made over the years. You have such good and reasonably priced ideas. The idea is to remember someone lovingly not to spend a zillion dollars.

Your granddaughter just could not be more precious! She's being taught well. :)

Judy said...

I love homemade gifts as well...truly a gift from the heart! And you have passed along so many good gift-giving ideas over the years. Thank-you.

Your white mantel trees are lovely!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

aww, such a lovely and thoughtful gift made by your adorable granddaughter! And your mantle is beautiful with the gifted trees from your friend!

Anneliese said...

What a sweet girl! Gift giving is her love language ... just like her grandma.
Your mantle trees are so pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails