Sunday, May 31, 2015

 
Encouragement.
 
 
 
"Some of the greatest success stories of history have followed a word of
 
encouragement or an act of confidence by a loved one or a trusted friend. 
 
Had it not been for a confident wife, Sophia, we might not have
 
listed among the great names of literature the name of Nathaniel
 
Hawthorne.  When Nathaniel, a heartbroken man, went home to
 
tell his wife that he was a failure and had been fired from his job in
 
a customhouse, she surprised him with an exclamation of joy.
 
"Now, " she said triumphantly, "you can write your own book!"
 
"Yes," replied the man, with sagging confidence, and what shall we
 
live on while I am writing it?"
 
To his amazement, she opened a drawer and pulled out a
 
substantial amount of money.  "Where on earth did you get that?" he
 
exclaimed.  "I have always known you were a man of genius," she told
 
him.  "I knew someday you would write a masterpiece.  So every week,
 
out of the money you gave me for housekeeping, I saved a little bit.  So
 
here is enough to last us for one whole year."
 
From her trust and confidence came one of the greatest novels of
 
American literature, "The Scarlet Letter."
 
~written by Nido Qubein
 

 
I want to always look for opportunities to share encouragement.
 
I am filled with gratitude to those who have encouraged me along
 
 life's journey, no matter in what form it came.


By the way, thanks to everyone of you, for your visits, your comments, and your support. 

It means so much to me!

Thanks to my uncle for sharing his exceptional pictures with me, so that I can share them

with you:)  Don't you wish you could see the other 500 pictures too?  They are amazing!



4 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow I love this today. Pinning to my encouragement board. :)

lindsey said...

This is a great post Judy, I love the quote you have included and those beautiful photos. You are always an encouragement when you visit my blog and I so very much appreciate the kind comments you leave. May you know God's richest blessings in all you do.

Judy said...

You have the gift of encouragement! It is always a blessing to visit you here on your blog. Lovely pictures and words to go with them! Thank-you.

Jeane` said...

Adorable pictures!!! And encouraging words too! Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails