Saturday, May 9, 2015

A few of the mothers I am choosing to honor this Mother's Day,
on a day set aside for that very thing......
 
Mothering is a huge job, carrying with it more than anyone can ever
prepare you for.  It is a great privilege, and one never
to be taken for granted.  It is also demanding, tiring, perplexing, emotionally
challenging, yet full of joys, blessings, and deep satisfaction.
 
Many years ago, I was given three precious gifts from my
Heavenly Father ............ three beautiful daughters.  My only training
ground for the role, was the years I had living with my own mother, and at times
in the presence of my two loving grandmothers.  I now know, how many
lessons I was grasping from observing them in daily life.
I think back to those growing up days, to those teenage years, and
then on to the years of becoming a mother myself.  My heart overflows
with gratitude, as I remember back.  Back to the examples I had,
the love I was shown, the work ethic I was exposed to, the perseverance I
saw carried out, and the patience extended to me.
 
Now, I am in a different role.  One where I am taking a back seat to parenting.
Where the decisions are not mind to make, and the mothering is not
mine to provide.  A role where I give advice if asked, and offer
lots of love, care, and fun to their little ones.  It is such a different role for
me.  Now, I observe the three of them walking through their new, God
given roles.  I watch, I pray, and I pray.  I see their role now, with
a new set of eyes.  I see how hard they work, how unselfishly they
 live and give, and how much they invest in their children's lives.
 
I am so thankful for each one of my daughters.  Mother's Day is their day. 
And, Mother's Day... 
is a special day for each and every one of you who visit here, whatever role
you may find yourself in, whether...
mother,
grandmother,
aunt,
teacher,
nurse,
doctor,
Sunday school teacher,
babysitter,
nanny...
you are making a difference!  You are touching lives.  You are sharing love,
kindness, instruction, and many life lessons. 
Thank you for that!
 
Here are a few favorite pictures of our daughters in their mothering
roles, captured this past year;
 
 

















And, here are a few favorite pictures, showing that some lessons are already being
learned by their children;

 
 
 




 
 
Thank you for stopping by today!
You are a blessing to me!
 

5 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Awe, what a sweet, sweet post with precious pictures of your lovely daughters and grans. Wishing you a wonderful day tomorrow!

Judy said...

Such a lovely Mother's Day post...capturing what it should be all about! Beautiful photos of your daughters being 'mother' and of their children demonstrating lessons learned. Wishing you a very blessed Mother's Day!

Kathleen said...

What a beautiful collection of blessings! I can sure see how much your daughters resemble you ~ and in more ways than one. They have "mommies in training" of their very own.

Jeane` said...

Love you so much, mom. Thank you for these sweet words.

Anneliese said...

Beautiful words of a legacy that is a privilege to pass on. It's it such a joy to watch our daughters become mothers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails