Tuesday, January 6, 2015


She and her granddaughter spent time creating pottery pieces together at a local studio.
As her granddaughter tackled the pieces of her choice, our friend chose to create
and paint her own pieces.  She carefully and painstakingly created these beautifully
done, unique snowflake designs for her friends.  She explained that she did them
for us, because each one of us is uniquely created, and each one adds different
aspects to her life.  The lovely painted piece sits on my kitchen shelf, and serves as
a reminder of her thoughtfulness and artistic skills, done with love for each of
her friends. 


Very early this morning, I captured pictures of real snowflakes outside my front door. 
In the darkness, quietly and without fanfare they came, covering everything they
touched.  I could not help but take these pictures.


In light of these tiny photographed treasures, I would love to direct you to a
most fascinating article I read lately, about snowflakes.  It was written in
1925, by Wilson Bentley.  You might agree with me after
reading it, that you will never look at the little ice treasures in the same
way again. 


He says, "Under the microscope...every crystal was a masterpiece of design and no design
was ever repeated."  One sentence, but the awesomeness of his words is totally more
than my mind can possibly comprehend.  No two are the same.  Just like no two
fingerprints are ever the same.  Amazing!!!


He also said, "Under the microscope I found snowflakes were miracles of beauty."

You can find his story here;

  http://www.icr.org/article/snowflake-Bentley-science-man-god



 


Sharing a few photos from my part of the country this morning, and a
some reasons that "snowflakes" continue to leave me in awe, as they
fall around me.

7 comments:

Stacey said...

Judy, there's a wonderful children's book called Snowflake Bentley by Jacqueline Briggs Martin. It's geared to 4th or 5th graders but you'll have to get it for your kiddos. They'd enjoy the pictures even now.

I'd say it's a good thing that you love those snowflakes. :)

Happy@Home said...

How lovely to wake up to snowfall. Thank you so much for sharing yours with us this morning. Your photos are gorgeous!
It is truly amazing to think that no two snowflakes are the same. I read Stacey's comment and now will be on the lookout for Snowflake Bentley.

debi said...

Judy, what a great story to share! Your photos are beautiful as well.
I specifically remember when as adult, I began to see the world as God's creation and design. Prior to that I was missing earths wonder.


Hugs!

Liz said...

What a treasured gift from your friend! I need to write down Mr Bentleys words, miracles of beauty, when we are tired of the white stuff this winter! lol.. We just got our first big snowfall last night. It sure was pretty waking up to a world covered in white!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Your photos are beautiful ~ I love them all especially the cardinal at the feeder! John and I were just outside shoveling snow and we saw a very large owl swoop down and land on our neighbors trash can.

The snowflake gift from your friend is such a treasure! A beautiful treasure!

Anneliese said...

That surely is amazing! It makes me wonder why? Why would God make them all different and then it also makes me realize how big His imagination is to do that. He must enjoy making us all different too. Now your snowflake gift is even more special.

lindsey said...

snow always amazes me too, it arrives so swiftly and silently and changes the whole outlook. Your photos are lovely as always, I am amazed at the beautiful birds that visit your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails