Sunday, January 25, 2015


"INSTRUCTIONS"


"Leave your cell phone, your watch

and your thoughts

on the kitchen table.


Walk slowly.  Leave the trail

to follow a scent

or to follow a bird's refrain.

 
Listen for the stirrings

in the underbrush

 
Notice what grows at your feet,

the puzzle-pieces of the sky

and what the light reveals.

 
Cast out your gaze like a net

and take everything in.

 
every intricate detail,

every small astonishment."

~Deborah Gordon Cooper


"Be still and know that I am God." 
 Psalms 46:10a NIV


I want time to take it all in, the simple, intricate, complex, and beautiful details in this world
around me.  It is all gifts to us to make our existence more enjoyable.

 
I have another Uncle, who lives in Florida, and in his later years of life, he received a camera. 
I asked him to send me pictures that he has taken, because of my love for photography.  I must
admit, I was most impressed.  These pictures came from his second set of pictures to me,
and I think he skipped right over the "amateur status" of a photographer:). 


Happy Sunday to each one of you!  I hope you make some time, to take in the scenes
around you today!  For us, it may include a snowstorm:)


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails