Sunday, May 4, 2014


"When we start to count flowers,

we cease to count weeds;

When we start to count blessings,

we cease to count needs;

When we start to count laughter,

we cease to count tears;

When we start to count memories,

we cease to count years."

~Unknown


If you were stopping by today, I would offer you a seat on my porch.  I would tell you to
relax, and then I would go to my refrigerator and pull out a bowl of freshly cut up
strawberries.  I know this treat alone would make our time on the porch fun, but...


...to the strawberries I would add two small containers of Yoplait Strawberry Cheesecake Greek
Yogurt and a tablespoon full of Truwhip topping, or Cool Whip, or real whipping cream.

I would stir the above ingredients together and stir into the fresh strawberries. 
This treat would be delicious as it is...strawberries, yogurt, and whipped topping, but to make it
over the top delicious, I would add a scoop of the "Coconut Cashew Crunch" that I
shared a few posts ago. 


I would go back out to the porch to join you, carrying two glass parfaits that look like this;

 
A light Spring afternoon treat, with many less calories that a slice of cheesecake and
strawberries, but every bit as delicious!!!  This is one of my husbands and my favorite desserts.

 
And, after we talked for hours, you would get to see the pot of flowers on my mother's
patio, as you would leave my porch.  You remember, she lives in our lower level and she
loves her birds and pots of flowers.

But, since we are actually visiting via blog land, I offer you this simple strawberry treat,
for you to make and share with friends that might stop in to see you today.

Happy Sunday to each and every one of you!

5 comments:

Happy@Home said...

Judy,
Your collage is gorgeous!! The vibrant colors highlight the beauty happening in our world in the merry, merry month of May.
I am wondering how it is that your guests ever want to go home after enjoying your hospitality and the time to converse with you. You are so gifted in this area. I loved imagining the opportunity to sit with you and enjoy your mother's beautiful flowers and taste that scrumptious dessert... but, I will happily settle for trying the recipe myself. TruWhip is something new to me. I think I need to look into it as I know my normal Cool Whip isn't a very healthy choice.
As long as I'm rambling on here, I must tell you that after reading your comment about you enjoying a cup of mint tea, I went into my garden today and picked some mint. I made it into mint iced tea. It was so refreshing on our warm day today and as I was sipping it I thought of you and the lovely things you share. So, I guess in a way we did spend time on the patio today.

Judy said...

I am so enjoying my virtual visit to your porch...and the yummy strawberry delight! Love your mom's planter as well! Thanks for sharing the delights of spring with us!

Debbie said...

Oh how I would love to sit on your porch and share this sweet and conversation with you...who knows, maybe someday. Meanwhile this virtual visit was very nice too. Enjoy your day!

Stacey said...

Sounds wonderful! I'm going to try that trick with the strawberries and yogurt. Just cut up a big container of strawberries yesterday.

I'd love to sit on your porch with you and count the flowers. :)

debi said...

I truly love stopping by your blog so much... I would love to sit on that porch with you :-)


Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails