Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A random and miscellaneous blog post today.





A new homemade salad dressing that I discovered recently.
It is simple to make and tastes so good!
I found it on a great food blog that you might enjoy visiting.





It is created by Calla Ferre, and the book is titled, "The Chicken and the Egg Family Cookbook", and can be found at http://aprilscookbook.weebly.com/
It shares a family's treasured recipes, some recent and some that have been in the family for years.
The dressing can be made and stored in the refrigerator.
It can also be made, bottled, and given as a gift.




Another idea that I got from "Pinterest" recently, is to use Epson Salt, which looks like snow, in glass jars, or canning jars.  This is a simple and inexpensive idea to use over the Christmas holidays.
Add votive candles and have a frosty looking vignette.




Last but not least, my friend has a food stand at a big, thriving market.  She makes "chocolate covered bacon" as one of the items that she sells at her stand.  She experimented with this delicacy, and found it to be a hit with those visiting the market.  It was such a hit, that there is a constant demand for it.  Lately, she has been cooking up to 18 pounds of bacon and dipping it in chocolate to sell.
Can you imagine cooking 18 pounds of bacon?
Can you imagine eating chocolate covered bacon?
Might be something you want to try, especially if you like sweet and salty together:)

9 comments:

Debbie said...

The salad dressing sounds just wonderful. I might have to try that. But chocolate covered bacon?! I don't know....however, I DO love a salty/sweet taste so who knows?

Have a good day!

lindsey said...

You have certainly come up with interesting recipes. I like the sound of the dressing...not so sure about the bacon:)
Your candles look so pretty, you always come up with great ideas for your home. I have signed up with pinterest but haven't yet looked into what to do with it...may just go there now!

Kathleen said...

ANYTHING with raspberries has my name all over it! I've simply got to try this. As to the chocolate covered bacon, I think I'll pass :)

Judy said...

The dressing sounds yummy...and the candles look most lovely! But chocolate covered bacon? I'm just not sure about that one. My problem is likely that I'm not crazy about chocolate.

corners of my life said...

You always have the cutest decorating ideas. I have added Epson Salt to my shopping list

ajwatson722 said...

Love how the "snow" votives turned out! It looks so cozy! I may have to do that myself! And I will definitely try that salad dressing- looks so good!

Happy@Home said...

Mmmm... the salad dressing sounds so good and looks so pretty. I love raspberries, so I will be trying this one for sure.
I'm also going to be trying the Epsom salt idea. So simple, but yet so cute.
As for the chocolate covered bacon ... I do like the salty sweet combination, but I don't know about this one.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

That poppyseed salad dressing looks yummy.

Mmmm.... interesting... most people aren't so keen on the chocolate- bacon combo. I probably won't try it either, but then you never know.

debi said...

Big fan of chocolate covered bacon...it is deeeeelish!! sounds crazy but if you try it you will be a fan...promise!

Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails