Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It is dark sweet cherry season in our county. I like having a bowl of this tasty fruit in my refrigerator. To me, it is better than a jar of candy sitting on the counter.
Speaking of dark sweet cherries...

...I want to share this light treat with you. My husband and I both enjoy every meal or dessert we have of this recipe.
I take two containers of Weight Watcher's Black Cherry yogurt, one can of Oregon Fruit Products pitted dark sweet cherries(drained) and 3/4 cup of light Cool Whip. Mix together in a mixing bowl. I spoon this into glass bowls and sprinkle chopped walnuts or granola on top.


This light and refreshing recipe might just become one of your favorites, like it did for us
.

I use these canned pitted dark sweet cherries in fruit salad and ambrosia too.



7 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I always look forward to fresh cherries in summer. Your dessert sounds so delicious,Judy!

lindsey said...

This looks wonderful..shame we dont get Cool Whip in the UK! I just read your post from th day before too...I am with my daughter and her family for a few days and I know just what you mean, we have had a great and tiring week and tonight we are all going back up to see Grandpa and to stay at our house for a few more days. Your Grandchildren are so sweet, I love the photo's you take of them,I am sure your daughter appeciated them being with you for a day!

Happy@Home said...

Cherries are one of my favorite things about summer. I buy them every chance I get because I know it won't be long until they won't be around any more.
I have never tried canned cherries, but this dessert sure looks yummy and the dish you are serving it in is so pretty. Looks like a magazine photo.

Rach said...

MMM, looks delicious! Cherries are one of my favorites.

Judy said...

That sounds like a delicious, light and refreshing cherry treat. I have a weakness for cherries!

Love Being A Nonny said...

I adore cherries! This looks GREAT!!!

Anonymous said...

We also enjoy fresh cherries. They are so good and like you say even better than some rich dessert. Thank you for this wonderful recipe. It's one I will try for sure :>)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails