Friday, February 6, 2015




Way back in November 2008, I shared our family's favorite "baked oatmeal" recipe.
It is still our family favorite, and now our granddaughter is learning to make it too.
She requests this recipe often, and so do we.  Early in the morning, on a recent visit,
I  walked into the kitchen of their home and saw her stirring the ingredients, that her and
her mother put in the bowl.  I smiled as I saw her sitting on the floor, stirring away.
Her mother has memorized the recipe, and soon this little one may too:)

I know there are many delicious "baked oatmeal" recipes on the Internet, but this one
remains our most requested.  We sometimes add blueberries, Craisins, apples,
walnuts, or whatever.  I buy baking dishes and give it already baked, as a gift.  The
recipient needs only to warm it the next morning.


A few months ago, I purchased some "Paula Dean" good quality bread pans,
at our local "Ollie's Store".
I filled one with the oatmeal ingredients and baked it.
When cool, I covered it with plastic wrap, added a bow and a card.
 
 
 A quick, simple, inexpensive way to say whatever you want your gift to say:)

Just a little something from me today.  Oh, and by the way, if you care to try this recipe,
you can type it in the small search bar on the left side of my top banner picture.

 
Happy Friday!

 

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh I love oatmeal bakes I will be checking out your recipe for sure. Enjoy your week-end!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

A sweet and delicious tradition! I know it warms your heart to see your precious granddaughter learning to make this family favorite herself.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, I forgot to mention just how pretty the pan of baked oatmeal looks with the big, cheerful bow. A delicious gift!

lindsey said...

Thank you for this delicious recipe Judy, I have just cut and pasted it to glue onto a recipe card. Its similar to our flapjack recipe but with some differences and I love the idea of making it in a pan and gifting it :)

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, I love oatmeal and somehow have missed this but am about to go and get the recipe. And, the idea of gifting it is great! Thanks for sharing!

Liz said...

We love baked oatmeal! I never thought about giving it as a gift. What a great welcome to the neighborhood gift. I will have to check out your recipe!

Privet and Holly said...

Off to print this one
off....I love tried and
true recipes that are
a part of a family's
"story!"

Hugs,
xo Suzanne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails