Tuesday, December 16, 2014


This evening, I was grocery shopping.  It was raining and cold.  I had just loaded the
groceries into my car, when I received a call from a friend who knew I was nearby.
She said she was baking Christmas cookies, and made a fresh pot of coffee, and thought maybe I would want to stop in and say "hi". What a fun and unexpected invitation, on such a dreary day. 


I walked into her kitchen, and was greeted by the wonderful aroma of freshly baked
cookies.  You may remember that I shared with you, a few years ago, her
gift of decorating for Christmas.  Today, I was reminded again of her ability to create such a beautiful, warm and "homey" atmosphere.
 


Simple, colorful, and always with touches of nature.  This is the window sill in her
kitchen. 


The centerpiece on her dining table, was a wooden piece filled with colorful ornaments.
What an attractive way to dress up a table!


On her island was a creative vignette made up of greens and berries in a white pitcher, along
with touches of burlap on a black wicker tray.  The ornaments were gifts from a previous
Christmas.


On her kitchen counter was a white ironstone platter, with fruits and pinecones.  I liked the
look of it, although I must admit, I never would have thought to put the two together. 
What a creative approach to decorating.


The vintage looking napkins and the coordinating mugs with steaming hot coffee, offered
therapy on a discouraging day.  If you want to brighten someone's day,
call them and invite them over for a cup of coffee, spontaneously.  It will bless their day,
I promise. 


And, if you want to bless it even more, call them when you just pulled out a sheet of
cookies from the oven.  It is bound to lift spirits, even if your friend has been
running in and out of the rain for a few hours, and looks like she did...invite her in
anyway.


Oh, and by the way, I found the Christmas tree display so attractively done, I asked her if I
could use it as my banner picture. She so graciously gave me that privilege.

Since blogging presents opportunities to step into other's homes and lives, I knew
you would appreciate seeing my friend's decorating gifts and talents.

Thank you for stopping by this evening.

4 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

What a dear friend and so kind and thoughtful. Her home is lovely and her heart filled with hospitality. Beautiful vignettes throughout.

Judy ~ My Front Porch said...

Thanks for allowing us to step into your friend's home! So beautiful...and warm.

Sassy Granny ... said...

I wondered about those trees when I first arrived, thinking surely they're something you'd done. Beautiful! I got a kick out of the donut-ringed milk. So clever. But mostly I delight in your life & lifestyle. Thank you for sharing it.

Much love & a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!a

Kathleen


P.S. I meandered through several of your recent posts. The Gingerbread house-making took me back to some sweet days when my own grands (some about to turn 21) sat still for such.

P.S.S. Thank you for paying me a visit, too. I am such a fair-weather blogger anymore that your comments are also a surprise and a blessings.

Huge hugs ...

Liz said...

What pretty, but simple displays. I just love that! That tree is awesome. How nice that she let you share with all of us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails