Friday, December 12, 2014

 

As I looked around my home, I realize how my way of decorating for Christmas, is with
lights.  Hesitantly, I will share a few of my decorating vignettes. 

Once again, I filled my crystal bowl on the dining room table, with ornaments and a wire
strand of tiny lights intertwined throughout.  Crystal, colorful ornaments, and lights,
are the perfect combination in my book.


I added two glass dishes on either side, with a red poinsettia tea light in each one.


The light in the old wooden manager, that held a place of prominence in the home where
I grew up.  Every year, we looked forward to it being taken from the attic, and placed
wherever our mother chose to place it.  Even the straw is the same as back then.  But,
like me, it is getting a bit on the fragile side. However, the Nativity scene...... it's message
is stronger than ever!


I found this old transom frame (with mirror) in an antique barn recently, and chose
 to place it on my mantel.  I like it there, with all of it's character.. and the
lights add a festive touch, too.  (The walls of my living room are actually coffee colored,
but, thru the camera lens, they look green)


A few days ago, I read an idea in a magazine. offering quick decorating ideas for the
holidays.  It said to add a strand of lights around the powder room mirror.  I did, and
it makes me smile every time I see it. 


More lights, via the electric candles on the shelf in my dining room.

 
I placed an big apothecary jar filled with ornaments and a strand of
lights, on the old iron chair, by my front door.  As you can see, lights
are the predominant theme throughout my home.
 

A "Starbucks" beside my kitchen sink, adds another aspect of light.  I discovered this house in
the attic.  It was a gift to one of our girls, but for some reason, it remained in the attic,
until now.  I love having it sit by my sink, because it brings back happy memories for me,
of coffee times with friends over the years.

I share these few pictures with you, because I appreciate that you all shared bits and pieces
of your decorating ideas.  But, I share the pictures hesitantly, in light of the tears
and heartaches that many of you are dealing with now.  I do hope that it offers a bit of light
to your life today, along with the prayers extended for you.


"I am not alone at all, I thought.

 I was never alone at all.

 And that, of course, is the message of Christmas.

 We are never alone.

 Not when the night is darkest, the wind coldest,

 the world seemingly most indifferent.

 For this is still the time God chooses."

 ~Taylor Caldwell


Thank you for stopping by today.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

I love what you have done with lights all through your Christmas decorating. Soo warm and pretty. I don't know about others but I really do enjoy seeing how others celebrate and decorate. Just makes it a little more personal. Hope you have a good week-end!

Liz said...

I like lots of Christmas lites placed around the house. They just give the home a warm cozy feel. Your house certainly looks like that! I really like the nativity set. What wonderful tradition to have!

Happy@Home said...

I think lights are one of the loveliest parts of Christmas decorating. Your touches of light are all pretty, warm and welcoming.

Kim said...

I like the lights too...that is my big thing too! Whether it's lights on a string or candles, I like the ambiance of the glow!

Judy said...

Beautiful...all the ways you use light to decorate for the season! And thanks for the reminder that we are never alone...no matter what we are facing. I am so thankful for that!

Jaybird said...

Thank you so much for this post! I love the lights at Christmas, and have been known to greenery, lights and ribbon as my only decorations! And then there is the music.......oh my.....the best part!!!
Blessings of the season to you and yours,
J

corners of my life said...

Perfect little touches everywhere and all so charming.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails