Thursday, August 7, 2014


I sliced the small, ripe watermelon into thin slices.


I pulled my small, metal flower cookie cutter out of the cupboard, and proceeded to cut
watermelon flowers.  Next, I sliced the peaches, sliced the peaches, and cut peach flowers.
I laid a paper towel on top of the fruit flowers to dry them a bit.


I mixed the Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix and patted it into my cookie sheet.  I baked it in a
preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until it was lightly browned.  I removed it
from the oven and let it cool.


I mixed Cool Whip, with the strawberry cream cheese (allowed to sit out of refrigerator
for a while, making it easier to mix.)


I covered the cooled cookie crust, with the strawberry cream combination.
 
 
I lined the watermelon and peach flowers in rows, on the fruit pizza, along with
peach slices, blueberries, and canned dark red sweet cherries.  For the
glaze, I mixed some of my strawberry jelly with a teaspoon of water, and beat
it until glaze consistency, then drizzled it over the pizza.
To add a bit of pizazz, I stuck a few mint tea leaves in it.
I stored in refrigerator, until ready to serve. 
 
 
A quick and delicious way to take dessert to a summer pot luck meal.
 
 
 

8 comments:

April said...

Wow...that is one BEAUTIFUL summertime dessert!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

This looks absolutely AMAZING!

Debbie said...

Oh yum. that looks wonderful! Bet it was delicious! Have a good week-end$!

Judy said...

So pretty and so perfect for the season! And very yummy too, I'm sure.

corners of my life said...

You always give such a wonderful twist to your recipes. Your friends are very lucky.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, such a pretty dessert and I can imagine how good it tastes!

Kathleen said...

What a clever idea! Come to think of it, that's got to be your middle name: "Clever". I love your simple, classy, yummy & creative doings.

Happy@Home said...

What a beautiful summertime dessert. I know it tastes just as good as it looks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails