Saturday, January 11, 2014



Welcome!
 
I have been thinking about my good friends lately, because sometimes
life can get too busy, that one forgets to be thankful for
those who are such an important part of who we are.
I treasure friendships.  I would like to spend more time with
those who play such a big role in who I am, and who each
of us are.  This week, when I visited the blog,
I was moved to tears when I read Suzanne's post entitled,
"Ripples".  I recommend you visit her blog and read it to.
But, you might want to grab a tissue first.
It led me to think seriously about my friendships, and
how much I want to let my friends know how special
they are to me.
 
I want to share these words on "friendship", with you;
 
 

 
An English publication offered a prize for the best definition of a friend, and among

the thousands of answers received were the following;

  ~"One who multiplies joys, and divides grief."

  ~"One who understands our silence."

  ~"A volume of sympathy bound in cloth."

  ~"A watch which beats true for all time and never runs down."

But here is the definition that won the prize;

  ~A friend--the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out."

  Author unknown.


My prayer this evening, is that I can be this kind of friend.
You too, are my friends.  Truly, I appreciate each one of you.  Thank you for
stopping by.



4 comments:

Judy said...

I can see my friends in those quotes. You are a good example of what a friend is, my friend! I appreciate you.

Judy said...

I can see my friends in those quotes. You are a good example of what a friend is, my friend! I appreciate you.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Such lovely words about friends. I will head over to read Suzanne's post. Thank you for sharing.

Anneliese said...

I'm sure you are that kind of friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails