Wednesday, May 15, 2013

 
I wanted to drop off some soup to someone who had recently gone through another major surgery.
I thought chicken noodle soup seemed like the best thing.  The name of the soup alone makes me think of "healing".
 
I was visiting a blog recently and on it I was given the idea of adding carrot hearts to the soup.
The blog I visited was... http://www.sophistimom.com/
 
 

I peeled and sliced the carrots.  I used my mini heart cookie cutter.  Quickly and easily I cut the tiny hearts(if you don't have a mini cookie cutter, the blogger in the "sophistimom" blog, has another way to cut the hearts). I put them in a pan with some water and cooked them for a few minutes to soften them.



The rest of the carrot pieces I will use to make my carrot cake recipe.  I smile as I anticipate that.



Just one of so many ways to share a heartfelt message of love and healing, with someone who might need it.  I continually learn new ways to do that from all of you. 

Thanks for stopping by tonight.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh Judy I love this idea. Sometimes it's the little things that make something extra special. I'll remember this one.

Today I took pizza, salad, and brownies to a new friend who recently had leg surgery. The pizza was from Papa Murphy's but they were so excited. That was an easy thing to do for a friend. :)

lindsey said...

Wow that must have taken you some time, what a wonderful friend you are and I am sure the recipient felt a whole lot better after eating that soup. And yes I am smiling too at the thought of carrot cake :)

Anneliese said...

Aw... who would not love to eat soup filled with so much love?

Christine said...

Thoughtful and adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails