Sunday, May 6, 2012




I knew you would like to see a few pictures of my nephew and his wife's baby shower.
It took place on the farm porch, you know the one that I have shared with you all before.
The weather, the setting, and the doses of creativity that those who hosted it had, made it a memorable occasion.




"Love you to the moon and back" was the theme for the afternoon.
It was fun to watch the guests visit this candy bar throughout the afternoon.
I observed my mother-in-law sitting on the porch, peeling the blue paper off of a Hershey Kiss.
Young and old alike are drawn to it's sweetness.




Blue ice cubes in the glass mugs, added a festive touch.
Iced water or blue Cool Aid...you choose.



The dear, soon-to-be-grandma and the future mother of the eagerly anticipated little boy.
Their warmth and gracious personalities were felt throughout the afternoon.
I must admit, the Macadamia Nut pie that the one on the left baked, was amazingly delicious!
I heard that she was a great cook, now I know that to be a fact.




A good friend baked and decorated the shower cake.  The decorating was exceptional on the cake.




 
Thanks again to my sister-in-law for opening her home and porch to another beautiful event.
Her little granddaughter will learn lots of hospitality lessons from observing her grandma's quiet, serving style throughout her growing up years.

Thank you so much for stopping by, for a touch of blue to your weekend.

5 comments:

mK said...

Thank you so much for posting these photos Aunt Judy! I can always count on you to keep me a part of the family gatherings via photos! :)

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

You are either creating or attending some of the best parties I've ever seen! The ideas you share are so fresh and adorable, and I have to admit to using a few of them from time to time! :)

What a wonderful party. I loved all the pictures.

lindsey said...

Wow...this looks amazing! Such a great celebration for what is going to be a wonderful blessing for all the family. I love to visit that porch via your blog...thank you for sharing.

Judy said...

Everything looked most special! And isn't it wonderful to have the weather co-operate as well? Thanks again for sharing all the 'ideas' with us.

Kathleen said...

I'll bet your family loves to see you coming, camera at the ready. No doubt they're shutter bugs too, but you do have your own unique way of capturing a scene.

The scriptures tells us that it's from the overflow, or abundance of the heart that the mouth speaks. The overflow from yours speaks such lovely volumes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails