Friday, May 4, 2012



Driving through the countryside on Sunday evening was so relaxing.




 
We came over a hill and found this peaceful scene.
It seemed like it was out of a storybook
It reminded me immediately of a Psalms from the Bible, that I learned as a young girl,
Psalms 123.  I can clearly remember my grandma repeating those verses to me.  Isn't it interesting, how a scene like this one, can instantly bring back memories of long ago?


 


 
"The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake."
Psalms 123: 1-3




As we sat by the side of the road, and watched the scene before us, I realized how much I needed the 

                                                               the still waters...

                                                                and for my soul to be restored...

Life seems at times, like a roller coaster.  Life goes by so quickly, there is so much to do, so many decisions to make,  and so much info for our minds to process.

I wanted to stay by the still waters, where my soul was refreshed and restored. 

"Stillness" gives me time to think, time to process, and time to reflect.  I am praying for the time to find more stillness in my daily life.

Wishing moments of stillness for you this weekend, and some maybe, some green pastures for you to spend time in.

              

6 comments:

Debbie said...

What a beautiful, restful spot....the minute I scrolled to that first picture that scripture popped into my mind! I imagine being there to really experience it all was just wonderful. Hope you have a good week-end...

lindsey said...

Those photo's could have been taken in England :) Lovely post, thanks for sharing

Stacey said...

That is one beautiful scene and a perfect verse.

Judy said...

Those are the perfect pictures to go with Psalm 123...and to remind us to spend time by the 'still waters'.

corners of my life said...

A very good thing to be . . .
refreshed and restored

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

It was a great time to be out in the country side this weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails