Monday, June 13, 2011



A way to spend a free weekend afternoon...
Grocery store cans too pretty to throw away.
A creative way to recycle.
Empty contents of cans, wash inside, go outside and pick some available flowers and make some bouquets.  Why?  Just for fun and to see how it would look in the cans.  What do you think?




Cans with the beautiful red tomato labels and ...



...same can with label removed.  I added some rafia and it was ready to go.  I think these cans would make a fun centerpiece.  You could fill three of them and space them down the center of the table, or use one of the larger cans.  If you grow your own flowers, it is an inexpensive way to add color to your table.  Also, these cans would be perfect to fill, if you want take flowers on a visit to the hospital.

"Flowers always make people better, happier and more helpful;  they are sunshine, food and medicine to the soul."   ~Luther Burbank





I think my mini petunias look good in this peach can.
Okay, you are probably wondering why anyone would spend any time on a weekend, filling empty cans with flowers?  I wondered that too as I was doing it.  It all originated when I picked up the cans of tomato paste at the grocery store last week and realized how much I liked the Hunt company's new labels. I can feel my daughter's rolling their eyes right now. 
Thanks for stopping by and joining in my fun:)

12 comments:

Happy@Home said...

I think your can idea is charming. One I can easily see myself doing. Thanks for the good idea.
I think it sounds like a wonderful way to spend some free time on the weekend.
Also, I like your new header photo. That coffee mug is so beautiful. I can just picture you sitting there enjoying your morning coffee. A truly lovely place.

Miss Debbie said...

Gorgeous...such happy bouquets! You must have a magnificent garden to have all those lovely flowers just outside your door!

Stacey said...

How pretty! I went to the farmer's market this weekend to visit my favorite flower lady. For $3.00 you get a recycled glass jar or vase and it's full of flowers. We were talking about jars and cans...they truly are too pretty to throw away.

Just a little something from Judy said...

Dear Miss Debbie,
I do not have magnificent gardens. I have one small flower garden and some planted pots around my home. I just like to cut the flowers that grow and bring them in, thus making it look like I have many gardens. As most things in blogland, things are not always as they appear. I wanted to let you know.

Judy said...

Fun idea...using the colourful cans to co-ordinate with your floral arrangements!

debi said...

I especially liked your comment about your daughters rolling their eyes :-) made me laugh...

I love that you see the beauty in everything, even a Hunt company can :-)

Hugs!

Kathleen said...

OK ... so how come MY grocery store cans look like cans, and yours look like works of art? Lovely!

Melinda said...

These are adorable!
I love how the colors match the
can colors. The unexpected is sometimes fun!

Melinda

a woman who is said...

I adore your creativity, and you do it because it just oozes out of you no matter what you are doing. I think you are one clever dear and your girlies deep down know that too...how could they not.

You do make the most of the flowers you have...wouldn't it be fun to transport you to my garden for a afternoon...and let you loose. I would love to see what you would come up with!

Love the tomato soup can!

Joy said...

I love this idea! Looks so pretty. I had to laugh also at the comment of the daughter's eye rolling. I could picture mine doing the same at some of the things I do. :)

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

What a wonderful and FUN way to display your flowers. Love the idea. I think they look very happy in their makeshift vases.

I really like your new look too... fresh and pretty!

Lovella ♥ said...

Such a cute idea. I have been using my empty glass purchased canned peach jars to bring bouquets of peonies. ..but your idea with matching flowers to the can is darling.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails