Thursday, September 9, 2010


"Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest.
Sun, moon, and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
~Refrain~
"Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed, Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!"
~Thomas O Chisholm 1806 - 1960
The "All I have needed, Thy hand hath provided" has been and continues to be, proven true to me through the daily routines of my life. Summer is on it's way out and another Fall season is quickly showing it's colors. Once again, the leaves that I just watched appear on the trees surrounding my porch, are starting to turn from green to gold. "Change"...it seems to be everywhere, in every realm of my life. In contrast to these ever evolving changes, are the characteristics of faithfulness. According to Webster, "faithfulness" is..."constant, staunch, steadfast, resolute..."
Today, even though I am thrilled to see the change of the seasons and the Fall season showing it's beginning beauty, I am even more thankful for the steadfast, unchanging faithfulness of God, and for the new mercies I see each morning of my life.

2 comments:

Rach said...

So pretty. My husbands mother is from Massachusetts. She always talks of the beautiful trees in the fall.

Love Being A Nonny said...

One of my very favorite songs!!

Oh, and I loved your last post about the candy. I will put a spoon and some little cups out on Saturday when the *littles* come!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails