Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Long Time" Favorite" Recipe

I just mixed up another bowl of one of my all time favorite recipes and thought that maybe you would enjoy having the recipe. Many years ago, I was invited to a home for lunch. The hostess was a dear friend who just happened to also be a very good cook. She served us these muffins which she called "Six Week Raisin Bran Muffins". She gave us the recipe and I have been making them ever since that time. I have adjusted the recipe to make it healthier. It truly does keep in the refrigerator up to 6 weeks. If a friend stops in, or if I need a quick gift, it is so convenient to have the batter on hand.
This is a newer printed version of the same recipe although it says it keeps well for 2 weeks. I know from experience that this keeps longer than 2 weeks. I also bake the muffins at 350 degrees instead of 400 degrees. I do not care for dark muffins. I extend the time by 5 minutes or until they are firm to the touch.
I like this small muffin pan because I can make lots of muffins at once. I always sprinkle a cinnamon-sugar mixture on top of each muffin before baking. These muffins freeze well. They taste so good with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
Last night I received more wallpaper books, can you tell? I baked some bran muffin batter in a can. When it was cool, I wrapped this border print around it and glued it. I slipped it into a clear cellophane bag and it is ready to be used as a gift for a friend from church who will be "seventy something" this week. If you are ever looking for a moist, healthy raisin bran muffin recipe, you may want to try this one. Judy

1 comment:

Luzie said...

You silly duck....I am not going to be "70 something", I am only 44 and you KNOW that my b-day is in November...but what the hey...if you want to celebrate by giving me bran muffins...you just go ahead and drop them off at my door. I'll pretend i'm not home, so you can just drop them and run. I will be soooo surprised and delighted and oh could you possibly use a 5 gallon drum to bake mine in, that pea can is sooo very small. Can't wait...i LOVE surprises!! :)

Luzie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails