Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Bonus of a Pastry Chef Student

She walked through the door this afternoon with a big tray of eclairs, creme puffs, and additional pastries that she and her class had just completed. Quite honestly, I had never seen such a big array of pastries in our home, especially on a Tuesday afternoon. This has become a weekly happening ever since her classes began. It is exciting to see all that she is being taught. For those of you who know me well, you know that I do not have a sweet tooth. That makes this whole experience a bit easier to tolerate. But, she insisted that I taste a bite of each pastry, and being a good mother, I honored her request. I was so impressed with the appearance and the taste. I am thrilled that she is being introduced to this aspect of cooking. The remainder of the tray of pastries will go with her dad to work tomorrow. By the way, last week it was scones, and the week before it was muffins. Which leads me to the next part of this posting. Because duty demands it, I am sharing with you one of the lunches that my husband and I eat frequently. Just in case you are ever bored with your lunch menu and need to try something else.
This is a quick, refreshing, low calorie, healthy and yet filling lunch that we have many times. I layer the yogurt, the light Cool Whip, the fresh(or canned) peaches, the blueberries and or strawberries, and the sliced almonds. This combination goes with him in a plastic container and I have mine in the parfait glass. Both of us thoroughly enjoy this lunch.
As you can see it can be pretty enough to use for a luncheon. Just add a muffin and it will be a complete light meal. With pastries arriving in our home on a daily basis, it is crucial that our lunches remain on the light side. This is only a fun suggestion, with many different variables when creating it. If you ever find yourself in our situation, with pastries coming in the door each week, you may want to try this lunch yourself. Judy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails