Saturday, July 12, 2008

Antique shop discovery

It was an unexpected discovery today, when I walked into a small antique shop on Rt. 322, and discovered that one of the partners was selling out, due to circumstances beyond her control. All the tags with a certain letter on were marked 40% off. That was just real exciting to me, since I am always looking for a bargain. Here are the purchases that I made, just in case you are interested. I purchased this small wooden table for my kitchen. I thought it would be perfect for all of my "Gooseberry Patch" cookbooks. I also purchased the old crystal lamp, the tiny crystal salt shaker which I converted to a vase.
Actually, the crystal salt shaker and the pretty rose dish came from an antique store up the road from the big sale one. I think they both look nice on my new wooden table.


Also, in the antique shop with the 40% off sale, I discovered this white bench. I was not exactly sure where I would put it, but I did know that it was too much of a bargain to let it in the store. I put it at the foot of our bed for now, and arranged my feed sack pillows, from my grandma's younger days, and the blue and white pillow that my dear step-son made for me for Christmas four years ago. I may move the bench, but for now I like it at that location. Another small purchase I made, was this adorable little crystal pitcher for my bathroom counter top. I picked a few flowers to put in it. I think it is the perfect addition. It was a fun excursion on a hot, sunny Saturday afternoon. Judy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails