Sunday, June 22, 2008

Detail to go with previous posted blog

Saturday, June 21, was a beautiful day, a fun kind of day and a very busy day!! It started out with a brunch on the porch. A "Mother's Day" gift that I gave to my daughter. She was to invite a few friends to brunch on the porch, and I would cook and serve it. All of the girls were busy mothers, so it was a real treat for me to serve them in this way. The one mother was there on her first outing with her brand new, 3 week old little girl. They all relaxed, shared and laughed together in this rare Saturday morning happening. I loved seeing their joy of being together. They were where I felt I had just been, only a few short years ago.

Saturday afternoon, I had the privilege of attending my nephew's future wife's bridal shower. It too, was an elegant and filled with joy occasion. The food was delicious and I loved being with so many of my family and friends.

Saturday evening, was another porch event at my home. A dinner for some of John's family. You see, I love having people into my home. I loved sitting at the table and eating together. But, as you can see, I often have very little time to prepare. I truly believe in creating simple meals, that taste like they took long to prepare. This leads me to share with you a recipe I found, that is so good and yet so easy and quick to make. It is from another one of my favorite cookbooks, "From Storebought to Homemade" by Emyl Jenkins. The entree' that I made was "Easy Beef Stroganoff". It serves 6 but I doubled it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails