Friday, May 30, 2008

Recipe for "Spring Mix Strawberry Salad"

By the way, I thought you too, might enjoy having a copy of the salad we were treated too. Hope that you enjoy it as much as I did, and I hope the sun is shining when you eat it, aSpring Mix Strawberry Salad

1# strawberries (hulled & sliced)
(again...can use more if you like)
8 cups of Spring Mix
Feta cheese or mozzarella cheese
(recipe calls for 1 1/3c feta...but I usually serve on side along with mozzarella)
1/2 cup Pecans toasted

Dressing
1/2 cup olive oil
3 T Balsamic vinegar
1 T sugar
poppy seeds
1/3 c. crushed strawberries
(mix together in blender)
(I usually make a double batch of the dressing)
Crush berries in blender & add the other ingredients & purree together

Toasted Pecans
Put in fry pan with sugar & cook till sugar disolves (watch closely as it can happen fast)
I do a big batch & keep in pantry to use as I need
lso.

1 comment:

ajwatson722 said...

Sounds delicious! I will try it! What a beautiful luncheon! Thanks for posting...I love reading your ideas! Can't wait to see you soon! Love you! ash

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails